Chapter 3

Later that evening, Dazai arrived at the docks where the Port Mafia's drug ring operated. The air was heavy with the smell of sea and contraband. Dazai spotted two large goons guarding a nondescript warehouse.

"Evening boys," Dazai greeted them airily. "I'm here for a chat with your boss Kai." The thugs eyeballed him suspiciously. "And who are you?" one grunted.

Dazai smiled coolly. "Osamu Dazai. I believe your leader is expecting me." Recognition flickered on their faces - they knew who he was and what he was capable of.

"R-right this way, sir," the other stammered, quickly sliding the warehouse door open. Inside, Kai and a handful of associates were packing boxes of illegal substances.

"We've got a visitor, Boss," one warned. Kai turned, his expression changing from annoyance to concern upon seeing Dazai. "Dazai-san, what do I owe the pleasure?"

Dazai strode forward leisurely. "It seems there have been some supply issues, Kai. Mori-san is...concerned." His polite tone held a steely undercurrent.

Kai started to sweat despite the chill. "N-now look, Dazai-san, things have been tough but I swear we're getting back on track-"

Dazai cut him off with a hard stare that said it all. Kai gulped, knowing his number was up. This was going to be a long night...