Chapter 00

Wooyoung never really cared about Christmas, everything but the gifts has always been so boring and shallow to his eyes.

Besides, his family always had something to argue about, and he was beyond sick of their shit.

This year, they seem to have finally noticed that, because they agreed to spend Christmas separately.

He was relieved because he wouldn't have to fake a smile at his aunt's offensive comments or find himself scrolling through his phone while pretending not to hear his mother yelling at his grandparents over some unresolved past event.

Wooyoung has the unpopular opinion among their family, that in most cases her mother was right.

Her parents had treated her terribly during her school and college years, and no one else in his family but him had spent all of those nights comforting her while she cried on his shoulder.

That's why he didn't mind spending Christmas eve without them. He convinced his mother to invite over some of her friends because he was planning on going out with his.

Seonghwa was going to pick him up at 10, they were going to buy some beers and then arrive at Mingi's.

By the moment everyone was drunk, Mingi was probably going to be in his room fucking the life out of someone, and Wooyoung had the same intention.

He went shopping last week to buy the perfect outfit for the party and a gift for his mom.

The truth is, he felt kinda bad for leaving her just to drink and fuck around, but after 18 years of Christmas torture, he thought he deserved some fun.

He was wrong.

...

"Remember my old friend Sunmi? She invited us to spend the holidays with her family in Ansan, isn't it great?" She said with an excited smile, and Wooyoung looked at her like she had just sold their dog in exchange for a piece of ham.

"What's wrong Wooyo?" Her expression changed to a more worried one.

"What's wrong??" He said "I had plans mom! I was going to go out that night!" He tried not to yell at her but failed miserably.

"Well, I'm sorry son, but it's decided" She answered in a serious tone, not willing to give in. "We're not gonna have the ungratefulness to reject a generous offer for you to go and do god-knows-what out there. We're gonna drive there on Tuesday and spend a decent Christmas for once in our lives".

That was the last thing she said before Wooyoung mumbled a "fuck you" and went to lock himself in his room.

✩ ✩ ✩