11: Hokkaido

The cold sea breeze brushed against their faces as the group, eager and primed for adventure, gathered at the port, awaiting entry onto the grand cruise ship. Reo had pulled some strings, ensuring they all secured VIP rooms, adding an extra touch of opulence to their upcoming voyage.

"Hey, Ohara, over here!" Hyoma beamed, waving excitedly as Ohara approached. His eyes lit up as she drew nearer. "Hey!" He enveloped her in a warm hug, relishing her presence. Hyoma took a deep breath, savoring her delicate fragrance that always enticed him.

"Getting used to sniffing me now, huh?" Ohara teased, a playful smirk gracing her lips as she pulled back slightly from the embrace.

"Can't resist, darling." Hyoma leaned closer to her ear, a mischievous glint in his eyes, causing Ohara to blush at the nickname. "It's just invigorating."

He planted a kiss on her lips and together they queued up for the check-in. Hyoma placed a reassuring hand on her waist, leaning in to whisper in her ear. "I'm relieved Ego-san allowed you to join."

"Yeah, I didn't expect that." She sighed softly, turning her head to meet her boyfriend's gaze. "He agreed because your sister is coming, by the way, where is she?"

Hyoma scanned the crowd. "Don't worry, she'll be here soon!" He assured Ohara, planting a quick kiss on her cheek.

Ohara had grown accustomed to these small yet affectionate gestures, appreciating Hyoma's attentive nature. She cherished the way he always looked out for her, cared for her. It was a stark contrast to her time with Sae. Hyoma was different—kind-hearted and solicitous, always ensuring her well-being. Ohara was fully invested in their relationship and never regretted not giving Sae a chance. What she shared with Chigiri Hyoma was beyond words, too perfect to articulate.

Soon, Elder Chigiri arrived, dragging a suitcase almost her size. "Sorry for the delay! Had to pack extra snacks for this lot." She offered a warm smile, relieved to see her brother and Ohara.

Once aboard, they were greeted by extravagance at every turn. The VIP rooms exuded luxury. Each friend received their room key, finding single rooms assigned, except for Ohara, who opted to stay with Hyoma's sister, reluctant to be alone.

As the ship embarked on its journey, the group wasted no time exploring its amenities. They lounged by the pool, relished gourmet meals, and relished the onboard entertainment. Laughter reverberated through the corridors as they exchanged stories and engaged in games, relishing the liberty of their sea-bound escapade.

Anticipation for Hokkaido surged as the ship sailed on. The prospect of skiing and snowboarding excited them all. When the vessel finally anchored in Hokkaido, the sight of the snow-covered landscape delighted them.

"Time to hit the slopes!" Reo exclaimed, his enthusiasm infectious. The group made their way to the renowned ski resort, eager to partake in winter sports. They laughed, stumbled, and encouraged each other, creating cherished memories with every turn down the snow-laden slopes.

As night descended, they checked into Hokkaido's premier resort. Accommodations were arranged in triple rooms, Isagi choosing to room with Bachira and Gagamaru, while Aryu opted to share with Rin despite the latter's dismay, seeking peace amid Aryu's glam talks. Barou joined Rin to revel in the quietness. Reo and Nagi naturally paired up, leaving Raichi with Kunigami and Hyoma. Ohara and Hyoma's sister were assigned separate rooms, ensuring comfort and privacy for both.

The night draped peace over the Hokkaido resort, a calmness settling in after a day of travel. Ohara perched on the bed's edge, listening to the gentle whispers of the ocean outside her window. Elder Chigiri sat beside her who visited her earlier, fidgeting with her phone, engaged in conversation.