13: Graduation

Time, an unstoppable force that carried with it a multitude of memories, both joyous and sorrowful, often shaping individuals into pillars of strength or leading them to seclude themselves for self-preservation. Ohara, who had unexpectedly weathered numerous trials, found an unexpected opportunity for happiness in her once-darkening world.

She observed as each glimmer of light in her life slowly diminished, until it seemed as though her own radiance would fade away. However, amidst this fading light, someone appeared, bringing with them a sunshine that illuminated her spirit in a way that no one else could, and that person was Chigiri Hyoma.

A renowned soccer player with a legion of adoring fans, his heart, however, was captured by one extraordinary girl. He couldn't fathom the distance they had traveled to arrive at this moment. It felt like an enchanting dream they never wanted to wake from, yet it was their reality. They were two souls who cherished fictional worlds and yearned for happy endings, finding themselves bestowed with a fate far kinder than the characters they admired.

Yet, upon Ohara's return from her uncle's office, anticipating a celebration with her friends to mark their graduation, she unexpectedly encountered someone in the hallway holding a bouquet of flowers. His smile radiated genuine warmth, blending seamlessly with his beautiful gaze that once captivated Ohara.

"Hi!" Ohara beamed, returning his greeting. "What's up?"

"Um, well... you know..." Sae's gaze wandered, seeking the right words. "I heard from Rin that you're planning to study at Oxford soon. And that you'll be back after three years."

"Yes, and?" She spoke slowly, trying to discern where this conversation was heading.

"Congratulations on your graduation, Ohara." Sae extended the flowers towards her, stepping closer. "Perhaps this might be the last time I get to bring you flowers and see your smile."

"Huh?" Ohara's brow furrowed as she glanced between the flowers and Sae. "Is everything alright, Sae?"

"Yeah, I've been offered an opportunity from JFU." Sae smiled. "I thought you should know, since you've been incredibly supportive of my soccer career."

"Wow, congratulations, Sae." She smiled. "I'm genuinely happy for you. I wish you the very best; I know you're capable of achieving anything."

"Except winning over the amazing girl I met." He blurted out, causing Ohara's smile to falter. "No, don't misunderstand. I'm trying to move on. I respect your relationship; he makes you happy. I'm sorry if I made it sound otherwise."

Sae's words flowed quickly as Ohara chuckled, seeing his evident panic over her simple expression. She accepted the bouquet of flowers.

"It's alright. I felt a bit down because..." Ohara paused, contemplating the impact of her next words. "...I've already moved on, and I'm in love with someone who has brought out the best in me."

"I can see it written all over your face," he chuckled, just as someone cleared their throat behind him. Sae turned to see a reddish-pink-haired boy sending sharp glances his way. Sae looked at Ohara, whose brows furrowed. "I guess it's time for me to bid farewell. Goodbye, Ohara."

"Goodbye, Sae."

Sae walked past Ohara as she encountered the boy she had intended to find moments ago. Hyoma approached her, his face marked with concern. "Is everything alright, darling?"

"Yeah, he just wanted to bid farewell with these flowers," Ohara shrugged while Hyoma glancing over her shoulder as Sae slowly disappeared from their view. "Where are the others?"

"We were waiting for you. Could you join them? I want to meet Ego-san quickly," Hyoma said, his tone urgent. Ohara raised a brow. "I promise I'll be back soon." He planted a quick kiss on her lips, and she nodded, making her way to her class.