Chapter 2: The lady in black

Women in dazzling gowns, eye-catching lipstick, diamond jewelry and high-pitched crackles was quite infuriating to Felix. After all, he was asexual, he did not find interest to the love or lust filled eyes watching his every move. Occasional clicks of glasses  filled with champagne, heels tapping against the white marble floor, loud chatter, violen and a gigantic piano playing in a distance was a bit overwhelming for him, but he was used to it. He impatiently taps his feet onto the floor as he fidgets the table cloth of a adjacent console. He was vexed of Duchess Clarissa's constant yaping. Taking occasional sips of a lemonade in hand, his eye lashes flutters every once in a while as he observes everyone present at the ball. 

He notices, his Uncle Gorge slipping his hands onto a women's subligaculum under the table.  The table cloth was long enough to hide the disgusting act, but this was not missed by his sharp eyes. He was smiling and laughing, acting normal. Despite the act of infidelity on his wife. His wife was beautiful, light brown locks,  emerald eyes filled with warmth and love towards him, wearing a gorgeous green gown. Her heart was made out of gold too, yet, that did not prevent his infidelity towards her. 

Felix was not surprised, but disappointed. He did not expect his Uncle to be a charlatan. He did not say this to his wife or his Aunt, because, he did not wanted to break her frail heart. As he was observing his Uncle. Suddenly, his Uncle turns his head towards him and gives him a seductive wink and bits his bottom lips with his canines and goes back to chatting with his wife and her friends. 

Felix was stunned and disgusted, he did not expect this behavior from his 34 years old married Uncle. He shooks his head and takes a sip from his drink. 

 At the corner of his eyes he sees a lady purposely dropping her beverage on a butler. 

" Oops, butter fingers!  Pardon me. "

" ....It is fine, your majesty. "

He was livid, yet, he could not cause a drama at a ball. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself down. 

"....In conclusion I love being engaged to you because, it's so great to find that one 'special person' that I can annoy for the rest of my  life..."

" .....Huh? What?"

" Felix, I am talking to you! Were you even listening?!"

"...uh..yes?"

" Okay, let me ask a question. What was I saying before this?"

" Uh....that...you love eating strawberries with cheese sauce?"

" I love that, but I was telling that the only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize! "

" Oh, yeah..." 

Felix wears his imagery noise canceling ear plugs once he hears...

" What if shark layed eggs?"

He loves Clarrisa but she sometimes had many insensitive thoughts. She once even questioned life, so, every once in a while he would ignore her yaping. His eyes observe the hall a bit more, and sees the lady who spilled champagne on a butler, giving him a evil smirk.  And for just a second, her eyes turn into slits, like a cat and she brushes her snake-like tounge upon her uper lip, and snarls...like an animal.  She was wearing a black gown and blood-red lipstick. It almost looked like, real blood splattered across her lips. 

Felix shudders at that thought. Her eyes terrified him the most, they were similar to that of a cat, light green and the pupil was the shape of an oval. They held a look of mischief, almost daring him to look at her eye-to-eye. And her aura  was mystical, she definitely was not a royal, as no crown was on top of her head. And she did not like a maid because of her attire. She was a mystery. She was the lady in black, the odd one out. No one wears black at a ball.