Chapter 5: Curtains of Lies

***

Being in the same room as royalty was no joke, yet, Miss Clara Aderson was no stranger to such riches. The ceiling was adorned with extravagant chandeliers, the prism embedded in it glistening under the sunlight coming from the huge festers. The sunlight heated the plush red carpets that lay upon the marble floors. Tapping against the carpet were the feet of Adien, as he impatiently waited for Mrs. Anderson or his buttress to speak up. They both seated upon the silken sheets of his bed, its edges had intricate golden patterns. 

It was quite a blizzare to think a mere peasant was sitting near the prince of Meldrop Kingdom. Yet, one cannot decline royalty's orders. 

" Mrs. Anderson, if I may, why am I called here?", Adien demands with a frown on his face, as he crosses his arms onto his chest. 

" Master, I am ashamed of my actions....from yesterday morning. I deeply apologize, I was-", she gets up and bows deeply. 

"-in your menstruum cycle, I know. It is perfectly fine, Mrs A. I understand, you get a bit bipolar at that period.", he lifts his hand, as a gesture for her to rise. As she does so with wide eyes, he continues. " Please, Mrs. A, don't think I am going to behead you for such a petty matter. After all, it was just your menstruum cycle, which is as normal as breathing, you need not feel ashamed. In fact please do tell me when your menstruum starts and I will give you a well-deserved leave.", Adien says in a calm and composed manner. 

Miss Clara's eyes widen in surprise, for the first time, in a long time she sees...

A true king. 

Not a tyrant. 

"You are too kind, master." 

" No, you are too kind for handling a piece of shit, like me and not lashing out. Anyways, when can talk to father? I need to have a talk with that old man."

" R-Right now, Master. If you will..", she bows and gestures him to follow her. 

****

"You are to wed the Queen of Elisora after the crowing ceremony, after you become the king of Meldrop.", says a monotonous voice belonging to Theodore Pearce Harrington, or in this case, Adien's one and only father. He was wearing a white silk gown, embroidered with intricate patterns of black. A crown was placed upon his head, as he gestures the dresser to take his leave. The dresser bows and leaves.

 Theodore stares at his son with his coal black eyes, calculating and judging, as they both did not have the best relationship from the beginning.

It almost felt uncanny to see his own flesh and blood. 

The same jet black eyes, the same stance, and the same frown. 

'How peculiar..'

" No. I will not, old man.", Adien replies in the same monotone voice, staring back at his supposed father. He never felt the supposed  "bond", they had. As he was absent for most of his life, only appearing once in a full moon. 

No, he did not hate him. Or love him, for the matter. 

He simply did not care of his existence.