Chapter 1:- Is he really worth it?

The pastel green silk green sheets and reading the novel of an old fart grandpa was definitely cramping his style. Despite being the prince of Meldrop Kingdom, he did not enjoy being confied in a room with richness. One would dream having tons of gold and silver in their treasury or have the exquisite dishes being served by chefs everyday but this did not amuse him. He wanted to explore, seek more knowledge through experience. But he could not, since, his own mother had locked him in his room for giving her a cupcake which was filled with many chillies inside . 

" You are now banished to your room for one week", his mom stated. 

He loved pulling pranks on people, some went fine, while others resulted him being locked up in his room. 

A brilliant idea came. 

" Miss Clara!" 

No response. 

" Miss Clara!"

No response.

" MISS CLARA!!!"

"What do you want, you little piece of shit?!!" 

" May I get the-"

" No!"

" But I didn't-"

" NO!!"

He sighs and drops onto the bed, like a rock. He looks at the window and a mischievous twinkle rises in his eyes, he grins. 

Suddenly, Miss Clara, the head maid's head pops up, outside the window. She opens the window. 

" AND DON'T EVEN THINK OF GOING THROUGH THE WINDOW, YOU DIMWIT!!"

 She gives him the middle finger. Puts on a mad face, and proceds slams the window shut. 

" How did you even-"

" SHUT THE FUCK UP!!"

He knew opening his mouth would result in getting himself pacified, so, he stayed put. But there was one thing, Miss Clara was not aware of. 

He goes near the door and peeps though the keyhole. 

The hole was wide enough for him to see the other side. He could see, Miss Clara's honey coloured locks facing him and the armrest of a wooden chair. He assumed she was sitting a few yards away from the door on a wooden chair, knitting or muttering nonsense. 

He knew his job was hard but he knew, it was worth it. He hesitantly looks at his hands and snaps them, creating a small flame, it was a tiny flame of orange  tinge dancing on his pointer finger, fighting to be alive against the wisps of air from him, as he exhaled. 

Fire was amazing, but dangerous at the same time. 

He knew Miss Clara would handle it. 

He minimizes the flame to a level where he can slide it out the keyhole. He pushes it out and it lands onto the floor without a single sound. He curls his pointer finger and stretches it, repeating his action a couple of times, a motion to move it forward. 

The fire would not spread unless he commanded it to. 

He reaches the destination and snaps his finger, again. The flame turns a bit bigger, big enough to catch Miss Clara's attention. She screams in fright and rushes to find water. 

She comes and puts out the fire and unlockes the door. 

 " Your majesty, it seems that the witch is striking again. You can leave and find a place to hide"

He might have used his 'spell' a couple of times. 

He grins, as he says.

" Sure, Clara!"