Antique Shop

(*i do not own any of the characters from Cursery* and on the other hand enjoy!)

The small door bell jingled as I was pushed and shoved into the antique shop my coworker and very short best friend, Roxanne, was barely able to hold the door open and push me inside with her short arms. "Come on Violet! You have to buy something or your apartment will always look like a blood stained morgue!" I grimaced and stepped into the store finally allowing her to close the door the bells on the door stopping their angry jingling from the struggle.

I hid deeper in my dark grey hoodie my black and silver sneakers scuffing the floor as I wiggled my foot around. "We just get home from work and you drag me to a store." I buried my ghostly pale hands in the hoodie pockets and grumbled about the coming storm as I played with my keys. "You worry to much Vi there is almost no chance of that storm actually hitting New York. It's probably going to slide right past like the weather man said." Her optimistic view on everything made me want to smack her sometimes but I restrained myself.

I shook my head sadly and glanced at the wooden floor suddenly wishing I was in bed with my laptop playing Warcraft or watching Netflix on my couch cuddling with my Pikachu pillow. Which is about the only thing that I own that isn't plain or colorless. I suddenly felt a hand shaking my shoulder. "Are you listening to me Violet?!"

She was yelling at this point her whiny voice grating on my nerves and I suddenly felt her start pushing me deeper into the shop a counter finally came into view but nobody was there. A pout started to form on my face she was always trying to make me change what I liked from my dark hoodies and sweatpants to what my apartment looked like and it was starting to piss me off. She suddenly stopped pushing leaving me to stand in the middle of the dark store.

I was slowly working my way to an astronomical blow up if she kept at it but instead I just sighed and blew a piece of my black hair out of my face and walked further into the shop, apparently on my own, and past an ancient looking clock with mice on each side of the clock face I glanced at it but kept walking and started examining all the odd and strange statues or door ornaments nothing so far catching my fancy.

I turned and looked at Roxanne noticing her looking at a strange panting of a field of what looked like lavender, I called her name softly and when she turned her bright blue eyes curious. "Roxy please don't make me do this. You know how much I hate shopping." My voice bored and my eyes silently begging her to let me leave.

She shook her head aggressively and glared at me strands of crimson red hair slipping from her ponytail as she stood there hands on her hips still breathing deeply from the battle with me and the shop door.

I sighed hard and started walking deeper into the store and past the counter finding old and weird things like rocking horses or chairs. Roxy pointed at a few things but I grimaced at each and every one of them each expression making Roxy's eye twitch and I knew she was about to blow. So my next option was shrugging. And I would swear on my grandfathers grave she wanted to strangle me. "Violet you have to pick something! One thing is all I ask!"

My brow furrowed in irritation but before I could reply a very quiet voice spoke from behind me. "Can I help you two?"

Roxy looked behind me her eyes showing surprise. I turned slowly and saw a small elderly woman with long grey hair at the previously empty counter which kind of set me on edge considering everything had been so quiet.

I looked her up and down she had to have been around seventy or eighty but her eyes seemed to be older even then her appearance their dark depths shining almost as if she was hiding some great secret her clothes weren't any different she had on a red shawl that covered her entire body like a cape hiding everythimg from view.