Friends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gomen : sorry
Kun: referring to someone of junior or senior status
Chan : referring to a close friend
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friends? What does it mean to be friends with Sadako...I mean Sawako! At first, I just said things at the top of my head but now, she's important to me.

I start thinking about Valentine's Day, her standing by the wall with chocolates in her hand. Obviously, they were meant for Kazehaya.

What does she see in him? Mr.popular just can't leave loners alone, that's all! At least that what I heard.

If she confesses and gets her heartbroken...I don't think I could bare seeing a tear fall from her eye. Maybe I should talk to Kazehaya.

The rest of her lunch I steal glances at her as she happily eat her food. I love the fact that she's smiling that way because of me. I love her smile in general.

How can I be that important to her like that? Or maybe I'm not. But the whole thought of it...it makes me happy !

I can't see her sad because of Kazehaya. I have to talk to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's finally the end of the day. I see him walking out of class. "Kazehaya!" I call out. He turns to me. "Kento." What's with the attitude? Geez. "I want to talk with you." I say. He nods and follows me outside.

We then head to the bench. "What is it? Why did you bring me here?" He says firmly. "Chill haha! Why so tense?" I tap the bench indicating I want him to sit next to me. "So..." I start. "You dating anyone?"

"No." He says. "Cmon! There has to be someone!" I assure him. "There isn't. If you came here to ask who I like then-" I stop him. "Why don't you just leave Sadako-chan alone?" He looks at me a bit shocked.

"I just mean...I hear what people say. You can't leave loners alone but now, she has friends! So no need for you to still be so..." I stop. Not sure where I am getting at.

I sigh. "Don't you think girls will get jealous if you two are so close. They will stop being friends with her out of envy." He crosses his shoulders. "I'm just saying, she's not a loner anymore. She doesn't need your help."

He stands up and looks at me. "What's this nonsense about me not being able to leave loners alone? I don't know what you heard but, Kuronuma is not just a loner to me." He tells me.

"She's a person I feel for, it makes me more than happy knowing she has friends. Just because you met her doesn't change my feelings towards her."

I stand up from the bench too. "And what are those feelings.?" I say waiting for an answer. "None of your  business." I look at him and smirk.

"Oh I see! Gomen, gomen! Didn't mean to press the wrong buttons." I know I said sorry but I don't mean that. "It's just that if you cared about Sadako you would let her go. She is her own person."

"You two are very different. I'm shocked you guys are even friends at this point."

He scoffs. "You don't think I know that? And her name is Sawako not 'Sadako.'" Geez, this guy. "I know her name is Sawako I just prefer to say that to her and not you, after all, you've never called each other by your first names? So why should I adress to you that way when it's a me and her thing?"

He looked a bit surprised. I know that was petty of me but I don't like Sawako being so attached to him. It's not fair.

Sue should be with someone like me, I'll treat her right.

If she'd ever even be interested in me that is...

"Bye, Kazehaya." I leave. He ignores me with an angry look.

 He ignores me with an angry look

"Bye, Kento." I unexpectedly turned around. I guess mr.popular isn't petty as I am. He still has the respect to tell me bye.

Tssk, Kazehaya.