The person that I like

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kun: referring to someone of junior or senior status
Chan : referring to a close friend
Gomen : sorry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kento's pov

I said "close" that way to annoy Kazehaya. I don't like him. Ever since our talk yesterday it just shows he won't back down, and if he won't. I'll make him.

I'm not sure why I'm going to this extent for Sawako to be okay. I always told myself it's because she's a sweet girl and Kazehaya could break her heart but why do I care?

Maybe...it's something more than that. Maybe, she's something more to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During lunch I found myself outside carrying things to the storage room. Part of my class president duties.

Towards the door I see Sawako. "Sawako-chan!" I call out. She looks towards me. "Miura!" She says. I open the door and put things in the storage. Then I head out and see her.

We sit on a bench together.

"I'm happy for you, Sawako-chan!" I look at her she's sitting across the bench.

I want to be...closer to her.
"You completely fit in with your classmates."

She smiles brightly. "I completely fit in? Me?!" She says. "Well, if that's true then...it's all because of you...Miura!"

I blush so hard, unable to look in her eyes.
But I still manage to look at her

She looks shocked. "Haha! You didn't notice?" I tell her. "You don't need to feel alone anymore. You'll be fine without Kazehaya always helping you out."

She looks a bit sad. "Aren't you happy? Or did you want to keep Kazehaya's attention by always being a loner?"

Maybe that was a bit rude but, the hard truth will get her to realize she's better off.

She stays silent for a bit. "Ka-Kazehaya-kun...sometimes I feel like a burden to him." She says. "Lately, I feel like he's been ignoring me." She looks down towards her laps.

"Sawako-Chan...why...do you care about him so much?" She flinches. "Well...I'm not sure..." I sigh. "Do you...have a crush on Kazehaya?"

She reddens. "No-no! Well, I don't think so!"

Oh. Of course she likes him. I don't know why I would even wonder.

The chocolates for Valentine's Day.

"It's only natural you'd get the wrong idea, if Kazehaya kept talking to you like that." She fiddles with her fingers. "You know! Sawako, I heard he just can't leave loners alone! That's probably what it is."

She smiles faintly. Tears seem to be trying to fall from her eye. "Uh, Gomen! I didn't mean to-"

She stops me with the gesture of her hand. "No! Don't worry Miura. I already knew Kazehaya doesn't like me. This doesn't come to a shock."

She starts to cry even more. I wake up to the bench to be in front of her. "Sawako-Chan! Don't cry! It hurts to see you like this. I'm sorry."

Tears keep falling. "Gomen, miura. I just thought that maybe if I waited a little..." She shakes her head. She wakes up from the bench too. We're now face to face.

She's crying over this stupid guy. Why did Kazehaya have to meet her before I did? Why? Because maybe if we were in the same class to begin with, I would've became friends with her first and she would've fallen in love with me.

Selfish. Yes I know but...Sawako she's-

"Don't you think it's best to steer clear from him? Chances are he could like someone else..." she walks away. "Kazehaya, likes someone else?" She says.

"No I mean...he could?"

Geez, what am I saying?

I catch up to her and hold her hands.
"Wait! You know, there are guys more suitable for you!" I tell her in hopes she'll listen. She cries even harder.

She wipes her tears.

"I wouldn't even mind if...That guy was me?" She looks at me in my eyes. "If you're cool with it...why not date me?" I hold her hands.

"If you even like me..." I look down. I feel tears coming in my eyes too. "Miura?" She says.

"My friends use to tease me, asking who I liked. I used to say, no one, but when I find that girl, she must be really special." I tell her. "Well guess what, Sawako? I found that girl I was looking for for so long."

"The person I like is you."

A tear falls from my eye. I wipe it quickly. Moving my hands from her hands to her elbows.

 Moving my hands from her hands to her elbows

I desperately wait for her answer.

"You don't even have to like me back now! I can Wait! Because maybe along the way, hopefully you'll fall for me."

"Will you wait for me Sawako-Chan?"

She takes a deep breath and she's about to say something till we hear a voice.

"What are you doing?!" He yells.

Kazehaya.