0.3 - media day

WHEN YOU KNOW YOU KNOW
- chapter 3

"fuck she's a good dancer"

lando

"DID YOU HEAR ALEX ALBONS SISTERS HERE?" oscar asks me. "what?" i scoff. "yeah, ashlea albon, your best friend" oscar jokes. "wait she's alex's sister?" i say confused. "yes! how did you not know that?" oscar laughs. "do i have to see her or what?" i ask annoyed.

i throw my head back and groan. i don't wanna see her. "i dunno!" the aussie adds. "you two, time for your press conference!" charlotte says barging into my drivers room. "yep" oscar and i add and we get up and go to the conference room.

the other two drivers joining us today was the two williams drivers, logan sargent and alex albon. oscar nudges my shoulder. "what" i ask him. "you should talk to albon today" he says. "which one" i ask annoyed. "alex, see what his sisters doing here" oscar says smirking. "absolutely not, i hate her so much and it's staying that way" i say annoyed. "hmm okay" the aussie adds.

this was just as it was time to come inside. after the most annoying conference alex comes up to me. "hey norris!" he smiles. "hey albon" i smile at him. "how have you been?" he asks as we both walk toward the pits. "yeah good, you?" i ask him. "good, hey uh my sister came down to watch this race, is there going to be anything bad like between you guys?" he asks me. i hear my teammate hold in a laugh behind me with a scoff. "as long as she doesn't talk to me i should be good" i fake a smile. "great!" he says and walks over to logan.

i turn my head to face oscar who came down and walked beside me. "somebody's happy" the australian jokes. "i fucking hate ashlea why does she have to be here!" i whisper. "god chill out, she's just being nice and supporting her si-" oscar says before i cut him off. "ashlea is not nice" i scoff. "i've never met her lando" he argues. "but you should listen to me and what i say about her cos it's true" i add. "okay" oscar says.

"so i hear your rival ashlea is here to support her brother, is that going to be a distraction?" my pr charlotte says to me as all three of us go to my drivers room. "i'm sick of her name already. as long as that bitch doesn't talk to me i'll be good" i scoff. oscar and i fall back into my couch in my room and charlotte looks at me with a glare.

"what!?" i ask her. "that's no way to talk about someone lando-" she says before i cut her off. "but she said-" she cuts me off again. "no matter what they've said about you. i don't want to hear that you've disrespected her again for no reason. if i do im telling john to work you harder and you'll be sore. imagine a guy talking about cisca or flo like that, you'd hate them, whatever you say imagine a guy telling flo that. okay?" she said in a mother voice. "sure" i say. i can't explain how i feel but im sick of oscar and charlotte being on her side.

"we aren't on any sides mate, we just haven't met her and we respect her as a person" oscar says. i jolt my head towards him. i said that out loud. "okay then" i roll my eyes. "i will not hesitate to bring her in here and be your therapist if your going to be angry the whole day." charlotte says. "i'll be fine" i add. to be fair i probably won't be fine. but seeing her stupid face this weekend will be hard to be fine.

"lando!" charlotte says. "mate you've gotta work on keeping your thoughts inside your head!" oscar breaks out laughing. "sorry" i say scared of charlotte. she just walks out.

"what do you think about all this? tell me." i ask my teammate as the plays around with his bracelet. "what do i think? i think you've just gotta ignore williams and alex and female version of alex all weekend and just keep your mouth shut when someone mentions her because if you go spilling your thoughts everywhere you'll get shit from the media, i think you've gotta get your head out of the drama and be the lando everyone knows because last time i checked you don't let a stupid girl affect your mood!" he lectures me. "aha! you think she's stupid!" i catch on. "just going off what you say, i'll belive my best friend until i meet her, but listen to what i say." he says. "thanks osc, im tired are we done for today?" i ask him. he nods.