0.9 - hoodies, talks and cookies

WHEN YOU KNOW YOU KNOW
- chapter 9

"still wearing that hoodie?"

ashlea

my brother shook me awake this morning. not happy. anyways here i am sitting in his car as he drives us to the track. today is practice day. when we arrived i followed alex as we went to williams. i get stopped on my way and tell alex to go on. it's oscar.

"hi" he says out of breath. "hey" i respond. "why are you talking to me? you've got a girlfriend?" i say confused. "what? can i not talk to another girl when im dating someone?" he asks me. "you can, but they won't like it" i say as i point towards the cameras on us. "shit your right, text you later yeah?" he says. "good luck today" i smile as we walk off.

when i get to the williams garage alex questions me with a look and i just shake my head. eventually it's time for alex to go out. i walk up to him as he zips his race suit up. i give him a hug. "have fun today" i say letting go. "i love you" he smiles and puts on his helmet. i tap his helmet and walk back to the computers.

alex did pretty well both practices, i mean he's doing well for being in a williams. alex is talking to his engineers so i decide to go and see lando. i walk down the pits for a bit because williams's garage is far... as i approach mclaren i see lando and cam. "ash!!" cam says gesturing me to come
over. "hey you two!" i smile as i approach lando and cam.

"heyy" she says. "lando, how did practice go?" i ask him. "yeah alright thank you" he smiles and goes back to admiring cam with his hand on her lower back. "so i see both mclaren boys are taken?" i say. "i am, oscar's having issues right now, alice isn't here today" he says blushing when i mention it. "oh? is he okay..?" i ask. lando shrugs. i nod. i catch oscar looking at me from his side of the garage and walk up to him.

"hey" he says quietly. "hey oscar" i say looking at him. "you okay?" i add, along with a look. "me? oh yeah" he says and wipes his eyes. "osc" i say. "lea" he looks into my eyes, he's been upset. "drivers room, cmon" i say and he walks me to his drivers room. we enter it and he sits down. i sit next to him. "what's going on?" i ask him. "i- i don't know, me and alice have been arguing since last night and we had another one this morning and she just walked off" he says and wipes his eyes to avoid himself crying.

"oscar, what have you guys been arguing about?" i ask. "i can't tell you, but she's pissed of and thinks im cheating" he says. "shit osc, do you know where she went?" i ask him. "no idea, i've tried calling her but she wont awnser" he says. "does she know around this place tho?"i ask. he shakes his head. "try calling her again" i suggest. he nods and tries to call her. "oscar what do you want" she says angry as she's obviously doing something due to the noise in the background. "al where are you? why'd you run off?" he asks her. "because i did oscar!" she snaps. "well what are we?" he asks staying calm. "fuck! can we just talk after the race?" she yells. "whatever" oscar says and hangs up.

he throws his phone down and puts his head in his hands and i hear sniffling. "osc" i say as i rub his back. he's crying. "oscar" i say again. "lea i don't know what to do" he says through sobs. "it's gonna to be okay. think about the race yeah? i mean it makes you forget about everything, right?" i say. "yeah but u don't understand i can't just race with a messy head and no one to watch me." he sobs. "oscar, mate i completely understand, honestly, i can watch you if you would like, but you need to get out of this headspace, how about..." i say and think. "okay how about you spend the night with me, alex and whoever else you want" i say. "at yours?" he asks me and looks up at me. i wipe his tears and let my hand sit on his chin for a bit.

"yeah, you can bring whoever" i smile and move my hand away. "okay, i might just ask logan, landos going out with his girlfriend again" he says smiling at me. "alright osc" i smile back. we sit with eachother smiling for a bit. oscar starts to pack up and as he packs his bag we talk. "how are you feeling about.. well.. people touching you? still don't like it?" he asks me innocently. "i've only hugged alex, i just hate how i can't just hurry up and hug people and like touch and even like i can't date anyone because they would have to be so fucking patient it wouldn't work" i rant. "if someone loves you, he will be patient and wait until your okay with things lea" he says. he grabs a spare black hoodie and offers it to me.