20. I am canceling the alliance

Abhimaan

As soon as we reached the people waiting for us at the temple Drithi pulled her hand back from my grip when she saw Riya glaring at us. It made my heart tug for a second but I masked my emotions soon not wanting to show them in front of people.

People just make use of your emotions.

It was a lesson I learned the hard way. That's why I try to hide my emotions all the time. But recently I found an exception, in front of whom my feelings pour out without any barriers. I find it really difficult to hide my emotions in front of her. Maybe that was the reason why I shared everything about my grandparents as soon as I looked into those beautiful pair of eyes.

"How dare you?" My trance broke when I heard Riya's yell and held her hand mid-air before it touched Drithi. It was almost a reflex action as if my brain and heart couldn't take anyone hurting her. I looked beside me to check if she was fine but she was already in the arms of her brothers who held her in a protective embrace. I left her hand more harshly as anger bubbled inside me.

"How dare you? How dare you raise your hand on my sister?" Adithya roared furiously with his body shaking vigorously in anger as he hid Drithi in his chest as if he were trying to guard her from some serious threat. 

"Not here.  Everyone back to the palace now," Their father ordered and I looked at those fear-filled eyes before she was guided into the car by her brothers and they pulled off. I didn't like the look on her face. She doesn't need to be afraid of anything when she did nothing wrong and I am going to make sure no one proves her otherwise. I believe she didn't do anything wrong even if she did, I will prove otherwise and counsel her later. They won't get to treat her like this and humiliate her in front of all.

"I think you should keep an end to this Riya topic soon, Drithi seems more affected by her and it's not giving any good vibes," Rohan said placing his hand on my shoulder and making me nod at him.  We got into my car and drove off to the royal palace of Devgarh.

As we walked in, we were graced with the sight of the King sitting on the large couch with the Queen beside him while the previous king was sitting on a single couch with a stressed expression etched on his face. Adithya and Rishi were holding a shivering Drithi while Anmol and Shubh were standing near Papa as he sat on the couch beside the Ex. King.  I didn't like the way it seemed like Drithi did something wrong and the people here are going to interrogate her.

"Abhi..." I cut Riya off showing my hand and walked to Drithi. I took her hand in a light grip and made her sit on a nearby couch. She looked at me with something in her eyes. It was something between fear and hope but I couldn't pinpoint it. As I made her sit, Anmol sat on the arm of the chair hugging her and rubbing her back while Rishi sat beside her. It didn't seem like she was normal, she was shivering as if she was reliving something horrible.

"Abhimaan," Riya yelled walking closer to me and yanking my hand away from Drithi making Drithi flinch.

"Awaaj neeche!" 

(lower your tone,)

I seethed in anger pulling my hand back while she stepped back towards her parents. She sat beside her mother and tears rolled down her eyes as she looked between me and her mother as if she couldn't form words.

"Abhimaan, mind your tone while speaking to my daughter," Raja sa tried to warn me but one glare from me was enough for him to look away gulping. It was a matter of her tears and I don't care if it was her father or anyone against her.

"Abhimaan, why are you being nice to that bitch? You are my fiance!" Riya yelled with tears in her eyes and it took every ounce of my self-respect to stop myself from choking her to death.