•𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱•

part eight.

-

As I'm walking back toward the dorm, I debate what I should do. I can't just live among her, watching her be with someone else. I let out a sigh, watching as my hot breath resembles smoke in the chill, dry air. I grab my phone to call Dina, she picks up almost instantly.

"Hey, Y/N, what's up?" Dina says softly as she answers the phone. I let out a shaky breath, "Ellie's with her ex... I just saw them getting coffee together." Dina's silent for a moment, assuming she's trying to find the right response. "Wow. I'm sorry, Y/N..." I stay quiet for a moment as well, trying to process my emotions.

Dina speaks up, her tone changing slightly, "Y'know what? It's okay, we just need to find you a distraction." I feel confusion fill me, "What do you mean?" I ask, my voice less emotional. "We need to find you another hoe." Dina says with a small laugh. I giggle with her, surprised at her words. "At this point, I'm down to try." Dina squeals excitedly at my words, ranting about her plans on being my wingwoman.

-

It's Monday, finally the day of halloween. Dina's already sent me screenshots of around 10 parties, trying to get me to go to at least one. This weekend has been rough, ever since Friday I've been seeing Ellie and her ex "Cat", as Dina told me, everywhere. In the dorm, out around campus, even in small places around campus.

Maybe I should take Dina's advice. I look down at my phone, gazing upon all the different party invites Dina sent me. I don't have any classes tomorrow...

I spend the next few minutes trying to convince myself. I don't feel like going anywhere, or even getting out of bed. I let out a small groan before replying to Dina, pinning a random frat party in the chat.

Y/N: -let's go to this one
Dina: Yayyy :))

I sit up in the bed, stretching as I do. I look over at the lack of Ellie's presence. Her bed slightly disheveled. My eyes wander down to the guitar, I feel my stomach drop as I think back to the night of our kiss. I should've never asked her to play for me. My heart rate increases as my emotions begin to overwhelm me. Maybe none of this would've happened. Maybe we would've been okay.

I feel my phone buzz in my hand, reeling me back into real life and out of my thoughts. It's Ellie's snap story. Forgot I turned notifs on for that... I click the notification, bring me to her story. It's a short video, showing her and Cat getting ready together, they seem to be wearing matching costumes. Joker and Harley Quinn? I let out a small scoff and pull up me and Dina's chat.

Y/N: are u getting ready with Jesse?

She replies instantly.