Chapter Seven: Rescue Mission and Full Moon Part 1

After school, SEES met up in the Student Council room as Yukari was checking to see if the coast was clear as the last student and teacher left the hallway as she then locked the door and ran back to the others. 

Yukari: All set. 

Mitsuru: Tonight, we will infiltrate the campus. Our objective is to rescue Fuuka Ymagishi. 

Junpei: Um, I don’t get it… Is Fuuka inside the school somewhere? 

Masato: She is. Don’t you remember what Natsuki said at lunch? 

Yukari: And why at night? At midnight, this place turns into– 

She asked before she understood why they were going to the school at night as her eyes widened as Mitsuru nodded her head. 

Mitsuru: Exactly. Masato said it, Yamagishi wandered into Tartarus. 

Yukari: Then, ever since Fuuka got locked in the gym, she’s been stuck there…? 

Junpei: But, that was ten days ago! That means… 

Akihiko: Not necessarily. We can’t jump to conclusions. Tartarus only appears during the Dark Hour. So, what about the rest of the day? 

Yukari: Now that you mention it… 

Akihiko: This is only a theory, but I think time may function differently with respect to Tartarus. So, even though it’s been ten days for us, perhaps only ten hours have passed for her. It’s possible she’s still alive.  

Junpei: Wow, ya think so!? Uh, but the Dark Hour is pretty brutal… We can barely handle an hour; how’s she gonna last ten!? 

Yukari: That’s true… And, even if she’s still alive, we might not be able to get to her… 

She said thinking if they go inside Tartarus it would be late to save Fuuka, Akihiko glared at her and Junpei allowed her to die as he shouted at them. 

Akihiko: Are you just gonna let her die, then!? …I have an idea. Let’s try to enter Tartarus exactly how Fuuka did. We’ll go to the gym, and wait for midnight. That’s the quickest way. 

Yukari: Is that really gonna work…? 

Mitsuru: Honestly, I have reservations. If something goes wrong, you could all end up lost in Tartarus too. But… 

Akihiko: I won’t stand by and do nothing if there’s a chance we can save her… …I’d never forgive myself. If you guys don’t want to go, then I’ll go by myself. 

Yukari: Senpai…? 

Mitsuru: …Alright. We’re aware of the risks, but we can’t just leave her there. 

Yukari: I agree. And we won’t know until we try. 

Junpei: Cool, we get to sneak into the school! 

Masato: We’re only saving Fuuka, not doing anything to what you’re thinking of. 

Junpei: N-no, it’s not like that. Heheh… But in that case, I know just what to do… 

He laughed as he got an idea to sneak into the school as Masato watched him carefully as Yukari was confused by what he meant. They leave the school to gather their equipment and weapons for tonight's mission as they locked Natsuki into a room as SEES gathered in the monitor room as Mitsuru sighed as she couldn’t get hold of the chairman. 

Mitsuru: Hmm…. 

Akihiko: What’s wrong? 

Mitsuru: I can’t get a hold of the Chairman.