Fool

The Oncler. The sugar daddy of them all. King of the tumblr sexymen. He was sure that he had found the love of his life. But that was not so.

Blinded by her voluminous, curly, blonde hair, and persuasive hips, The Onceler thought that he and Shakira had a connection. Love at first sight. A bump in at the notorious Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. A simple time occurrence was all that it should've been. But the sway in the Colombian flower's hips didn't lie, it couldn't. But it was all just a bluff to distract him from her true intentions. Shrek.

What a vulgar ogre, he thought. Almost man-like! Despite his intentions to turn over a new leaf since the divorce of Fiona and isolation from his kids, to benefit society, it always felt like he was focused on something else. Hiding something else. It was never clear what, the Onceler just knew. And this trial in court revealed it all.

Shakira had a run-in with a couple of bad people, and fell into the wrong crowd. That's when the tax frauds came in.

He told her that it was too risky. She claimed that she could quit and break away anytime she wanted to, but she was already too far under than she realized. The debts came flooding in, and after months of disappearing, Shakira came crawling back to him for money, but she was caught earlier.

The Onceler, of course, supported his wife as any loving significant other should, but he was met with a shocking and most heartbreaking surprise. He was being cheated on.

Of course he should've seen the signs from the start, but again, he was blinded by the roses to even notice that the judge was making blasphemous advances towards him. Now it was too late. The next time he would be in a courtroom, it would be for a divorce.

Now, as he exited the courtroom in a silent fit of anger, sadness and depression, he thought to himself, What could I do to prevent this? Were those rose-colored glasses cursed enough to not let me see the red flags before? What a fool am I...

As he sat on the cold, concrete steps of the courthouse, depression and cold air cooling his seething and hot skin, he heard a voice from behind him call out.

"Oncie? Is that you?"

A clack on heels could be heard from behind him as the mysterious person escalated down the steps. He could recognize those heels in a heartbeat. The voice which called out to him sounded like a dream in a dream. One that he had woken up from long ago. His ex-fiance.

Dreading and eager to face reality, The Onceler turned his head around...