• 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 •

(𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘗𝘖𝘝:)

Madison absent-mindedly picked at her nails as she waited for Liam. She was starting to get worried, he was almost ten minutes late.

It probably was a joke, after all.

"Oi, Maddie." Someone shouted in a brash tone.

"What?" Madison looked up as Liam walked up to her. She finally got to admire his strange walk.

"Sorry I'm late, man, me form techer kept me behind y'know?" He shrugged. "You still up for helpin' me?"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." She nodded.

"Well c'mon then." By the time she looked up again he was already ten feet away.

"Sorry." Maddie held back a laugh as she caught up. "I only live 10 minutes away, there's no rush."

"Yeah, I know, but I want to get our stuff done so I can go to that party later." Liam smiled as he thought about it. "Are you going?"

"Nah, not for me." She shook her head. "Anyway, what are you struggling with?"

"English, that book. Y'know, that mice one? I don't understand it at all." He seemed embarrassed about it.

"You mean, 'Of Mice and Men'?" She raised her brows.

"Yeah, that one." Liam nodded before looking down at the pavement.

"That's good then, I have a copy of it at home." Madison smiled at him.

"You have a copy of it at 'ome?" He sneered. "Everyone says that yer a nerd but I didn't know it was that bad."

"Nice one." Her smile turned to a frown. "There was literally no need for that."

"Sorry." He rolled his eyes.

She pulled her keys out of her bag as they walked up to her front door.

"What time are going home? It doesn't really matter 'cause you live next door 'n all that but my mam wanted to know if you're staying for tea." Madison looked over at him as he fiddled with the collar of his school polo.

"I may aswell." Liam shrugged.

"Alright." She unlocked the door and let Liam in.

"Hiya Mads." Madison's mum greeted her. "Oh, and Liam. I was starting to think that she'd lied to me about you coming 'round."

"Nah, nah, I just need help with school, Mrs Mccarthy." He smiled politely.

"Well I'll leave you two to it." She nodded at them.

"Thanks mam." Madison started to walk up the stairs.

"Mads." Liam snickered as he laid down on her bed.

"Not funny." She rolled her eyes. "Shoes off my bed, please."

"Will do." He mumbled, slipping his shoes off.

Madison went over to her old, dust covered wardrobe. She pulled out a box and started to sift through it.

"Mads, what are you looking for?" He gave a boyish grin.

Her head snapped around, "Are you gonna call me that forever now?"

"Yeah, I am." His grinned widened.

She continued to sift through the big box until she pulled out a book.

"Here it is." She placed 'Of Mice And Men' on his lap and sat down next to him.