For Hire

Note:This chapter is not written in present time

Nathalie and Emilie were best friends since they were in middle school.

Fifteen years later and Emilie was getting married to a man named Gabriel Agreste, a tailor. He was paired with a fashion designer,Audrey Bourgeois, who had much more fame and popularity than the humble soon-to-be-husband.

Gabriel and Audrey signed documents together, and Gabriel was growing rapidly in fame being as he was paired with someone much more famous then him.

More and more people kept rushing into the tailor's shop it became overwhelming he had no secretary, no assistant, it was a burden.

He discussed this with his wife, Emilie.

"I have no one to run the shop with me, It's impossible to run this business I need a secretary"

Nathalie immediately came to Emilie's  mind as she was talented in designing and a hard worker.

"Gabriel I know the perfect person," Emilie cried, "Remember Nathalie? "

Gabriel looked up at the ceiling and thought about the potential assistant.

"Well, I suppose you ask her, " Gabriel said.

"Perfect! I'll do just that! " Emilie said smiling.

Nathalie and Emilie met up at the park the next day. "Nathalie, my fiance is hiring, he needs a secretary!"

"Really, but why are you telling this to me? "Nathalie asked.

"Nathalie, you are perfect for being a personal assistant, you are the only person I know who can keep up with all people rushing into the shop! "

"I'll go talk to him then" Nathalie found herself running into the tailors. Their were exquisite clothing on the mannequins. Tons of clothes hung up on wracks.

Then, she heard a voice,"Nathalie, you're here!" It was Gabriel's voice.

"Come sit down, then we'll talk"

Nathalie grabbed a chair and sat down.

"Emilie showed me your designs you gifted her, they were quite unique just like wanted! " Gabriel stated with a soft grin.

"I've liked to sketch out designs for dresses and scarves" Nathalie said shyly, she was talking to a famous designer!

"Emilie also told me that some of these designs dated back from middle school, your talent seems to be natural, you're in! " Gabriel declared.

Nathalie got the job, and that easy too!?

The three did well with their business. Nathalie sketched the designs, Gabriel sewed them, and Emilie modeled them. Gabriel and Emilie finally got married.

It all went well until Emilie announced she was having a baby, Adrien.

"What!?" yelled Gabriel. He was not ready to be a father

"I know", said Emilie " but I'm sure he'll be a good kid"

"I think that's just wonderful! " Nathalie said with a smile on her face.

Baby Adrien was finally born and it was the talk of the city. He grew up to be a good kid. Adrien was five years old when Nathalie found two mysterious brooches while walking home one night. There was something off with them.

Nathalie told Emilie about the jewels and Emilie put one on herself the brooch looked like a peacock but then, Emilie collapsed and suffered severe brain trauma from the fall. She soon died in the hospital.

Nathalie and Gabriel were shocked at the women's death. But Gabriel was at different level of grief and here we were today.