014 ur fucking joking

[messages]

eli
hey wanna come over it's been a minute

roni
sure can u pick me up in 30 i'll send u my loco

eli
yeah
see you soon 😘

roni
see ya 😘

[in person]

roni slowly rolls over and sees chris passed out on the floor bundled up in all of the blankets. she yawns while looking at him and trying to wake up so she could get ready. after laying there for a while she finally decided to get up. she grabbed a towel from the bathroom and showered like she had done many times before at the sturniolo's house. she had become part of the morning routine. well, kind of morning it was 1:15 but that is when roni and chris always woke up, they were always last.

she get dressed in the bathroom and the walks to chris's room and he is sitting on his bed on his phone. "goodmorning" he says as she notices him. "morning" she replies before going to sit at the bottom of his full length mirror with her make up bag.

"how do you even have that here" chris asks because she didn't pack for their house. "have what" she asks confused while brushing her hair. "that bag" chris specifies "ohh i left this here like a year ago cuz i was always here and i always got ready here" she answers.

chris looks at her and says nothing, she turns around to see if he heard her or had just magically disappeared. "what i gotta be prepared" she looks at him laughing. she finishes getting ready and tells everyone that she is leaving and says her goodbyes.

she walks out to elijah's car and gets in. "hey how did you sleep" he asks as she is buckling her seat belt. "pretty good i just woke up" she says before yawning. "yeah i figured"

"why do i look bad" she pulls down the mirror from above her and starts to look at her eyes. "no, you took 2 hours to answer my text" he laughs. she puts of the mirror "oh yeah sorry about that"

they get to his house and walk into his room. "do you want anything to eat or drink" he asks before sitting down. "can i just have a water please" she smiles. "ofc" he smiles back. "thank youuu" she says while he starts walking away. she sits on his bed and starts snapping people back.

when he gets back he tosses her the water and sits next to her on the bed. "hey where do you sleep when you go to the sturniolo's house, do they have like a guest room?" he asks. she swallows the water in her mouth and replies "chris's bed most the time, but it also depends on how many people are staying over, if it's just me then the couch in the living room"

"is chris in his bed when you sleep there?" he asks another question. "i mean not usually" she gets out nervously. "what do you mean 'not usually'" he asks with a scary look on her face. she had never done anything to make elijah angry, she knew he had a temper because she watched him play video games all the time, but never at her right? "like normally he doesn't sleep in the bed when i'm in it" she replies like it was normal.

it was normal for her, they had been best friends for her entire life, like brothers, so why is it weird to sleep in the same bed as your brother. but i guess you don't cuddle with your brother do you? "when was the last time he slept in the bed?" he asks another question. "like 3 days ago, but before that like 4 1/2 years" she says as fast as she can.

"3 days ago veronica? ur fucking joking right?" he says standing up off the bed. "your acting like i cheated on you" she says still not necessary knowing why he is that mad. "you slept in a bed with another man, while having a boyfriend, you don't see why there is an issue there"

"yeah but chris is like a brother to me" she stands up for her self. "but he isn't your brother?"

"maybe he isn't my brother, but it just makes sense because and chris are always the last people to wake up in the morning, like, 1:15 last, it makes sense for me to sleep in his room" she try's to explain. "yes i understand in his room, but not in his bed with him, im really trying to understand you but i don't know what explanation you can give me" he says while sitting down and looking her in the eyes.

"i don't think you should sleep at their house while we are dating" he finally says breaking a long silence. she looks down in disbelief, she knows that she is gonna sleep at their house again but she doesn't want that to mean she breaks up with elijah. he sees her face start to drop and realizes how much they are like family.

he thinks about the fact they came first and he shouldn't take that away. he puts his hands on her cheeks and faces her face towards his. "look at me, okay? that's unfair of me to ask, i'm sorry, i would just prefer you don't sleep in the same bed as chris" he says before pulling her into a kiss.

she pulls back and smiles "im sorry too" she says before kissing his cheek. he grabs her hands and says "thank you" before kissing her left hand.

//////

hey it's short but it's still a chapter!

again so very sorry for how long this is taking.