12; Transaction

How much of life is lost in waiting?

...

People are terrified, people never leave their homes unless necessary.

The feathers of dead birds follow the wind.

The gunshots sound.

The cold surpasses the hearts.

The people have changed themselves.

...

Why won't she speak?
I watched as she merely followed me like a lost puppy. Ever since I yelled at her last night, she hasn't uttered a single word.

Is she trying to guilt trip me? Well, if she was, it was definitely working! I groaned silently as leaves crunched beneath my feet.

We left my base just about an hour ago. I just wanted to take her on a walk, maybe freshen her mind, and mine too, actually. Maybe be able to get her to speak!
I was honestly thinking she'd take the opportunity to flee when I wasn't keeping an eye on her, but she has yet to attempt anything.
I swear I feel like she's only staying here to guilt trip me even more.

I groaned silently and pushed my sunglasses into place. It's not like it was even sunny at all, the sunglasses just made me look cool.
I shoved my hands into my pockets, "I'm waiting for you to leave, y'know?" Then I glanced at her. Her head tilted to the side a little, but other than that, there was nothing else.
"Hello???" I yelled, waving my hand in front of her face, "I'm giving you this ONE chance to escape! If you don't take this chance I'll kill you!"

Still no reaction.

I massaged my nape, wondering what I've done to deserve all this frustration. Then I thought about how I could just kill her right now, but something was stopping me from doing it.
And what was that something?

How she's "returned from the dead", that is! She couldn't possibly not be that girl I was chasing after before. While Poland, that asshole, wasn't here to help me confirm it, even without his help I could tell this was the same girl as that other one.
Ugh, life sucks.
She's getting on my fucking nerves! I want to kill her but I want answers first... Yeah sure, I can ask her, but does it look like she'll reply? I've already asked her before we left, but she didn't even pay attention to my damn questions!

"Okay, that's it, I'm leaving. Stop following me, thanks in advance." I stated, turning back around and walking away from her. I heard the leaves crunching under my boots, but not just mine.
"I said, stop following ME!" I shouted, glaring at her.

She stood there, unmoving.
I don't know why, but she reminded me of myself. I remember the times when I'd follow my Father around, and he'd yell at me to stop.
Now I was in the role of my Father, and this pesky human in the role of a younger me. I was in the role of my Father. I was in the role of my Father.
I was in the role of power.

That damn resistance. He was the leader. He was pretending to be their leader. He was just an act. Just to gain information from the resistance.
I wish he could just act as a good parent for once. I wouldn't even care if it was an act. I just wanted him to be good to me.
He didn't know that I knew his plan. He didn't know that I knew that Sir United Nations contacted him secretly to do it.
He didn't know that I was a part of the resistance.

Just because one is a part of the resistance doesn't mean they're at the meetings. I got my information about the happenings in it from Philippines and Japan. Philippines hasn't been responding lately, and I knew for a fact she's a goner.
She always has her phone with her. She always replies in a millisecond. If she doesn't respond, it means something happened to her.