13; White

How much of life is lost in waiting?

...

People are terrified, people never leave their homes unless necessary.

The feathers of dead birds follow the wind.

The gunshots sound.

The cold surpasses the hearts.

The people have changed themselves.

...

Norway's pov

Good morning, world!
Good morning, me!

I sat up on my bed, my legs dangling on the side. It's good to wake up early... if you sleep early, that is.
I'm not a professional, but I have been alive for a while, and I always feel energized when I sleep early and wake early.

I got off my bed, feeling a nice, cool breeze hit me. I looked at my open window. Wait, open? Didn't I close it last night?
Probably not, I must have forgotten. My memory sure has been getting worse lately!

I rubbed my eyes as I walked over to my closet.
The closet was made from Birch Betula pubescens. It's the most common tree species in my country.
Denmark, for some reason, doesn't like this kind of wood. I always guessed that it never suited his taste.
Then again, he has a horrible sense of fashion, not saying that I don't, though.

I grabbed a white shirt, a trench coat, and a pair of cargo pants.
It's not too bad, right? Hopefully. Then again, what's the point of dressing so nicely in this era?
I don't want to keep up appearances. Why - just because I'm a Countryhuman- do I have to always keep up with how the world perceives us?

We're not strong. Not anymore.

I placed the clothes onto my bed and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower.
I've heard some say that taking a shower too many times will strip your skin of important oils, and it's true!
I only take showers when I need to. And only twice a week do I take a morning shower. I think that's good enough.

I changed into the clothes I had picked out just now, making sure my whole body was dry.
I really wish I could wear more casual clothes... I have no idea how Sweden could call something like what I'm wearing casual clothes.

When I walked out of my room, I almost bumped into one of the humans here. "S-Sorry, Sir!" The young girl spoke, bowing her head, trembling.
What have the others done to horrify this poor girl? She was so young.

"It's alright, Kaitlyn. There's no need to worry. It's not your fault." I told her. I wanted to give her a pat on the back, tell her it's perfectly fine. But that wouldn't be true.
Nothing is fine in this age. And that's the horrible reality.
Every time I see a human scared of us, scared of me, all I can think about is that darn organization. The one that was supposed to bring peace to the world, the one that was supposed to help people!

He was just a monster, and he turned more into monsters.
I miss when Finland would smile, even if it wasn't often. I miss when Greenland was her old sarcastic self. They all became shells of themselves.
I don't think I'll ever get to see the old them ever again.

I can't believe my friends look up to United Nations. I can't understand why they believe his lies. I can't believe they didn't try to fight.
I can't believe only a few of us joined the resistance.

The others are probably scared. The ones who began the resistance were hunted down and killed. They were gone. Just like that.
Iceland's gone. I miss him. If only I could have helped him. He didn't deserve to die.
No one deserves to die.