19; A Message

How much of life is lost in waiting?

...

People are terrified, people never leave their homes unless necessary.

The feathers of dead birds follow the wind.

The gunshots sound.

The cold surpasses the hearts.

The people have changed themselves.

All there is left is blood to be spilt.

...

Poland's pov

"Thank you, Bosnia and Herzegovina. I'd like to speak with Poland and Y/N privately for now, please wait outside till asked to come back inside." United Nations told Bosnia and Herzegovina.

He got up from his seat.
"Got it, Sir." The Bosnian said, and walked over to the door. He opened it, and raised a foot, ready to step out when he glanced back at us.
He had this weird gaze, a very questionable one. But hey? Who am I to judge, am I right? Why am I asking anyway, I'm always right!

In the blink of an eye, the door closed. United Nations waited a few seconds before speaking, "Now, let us begin."
I peeked over at the woman, who actually had a name! Who could've known? Like, who could have? Not me, that's for sure!
I decided to ask, "Sir United Nations, I have a quick question... Did you plan to have a meeting with me at such a time so that I'd bump into Bosnia and Y/N?" He nodded, "Yes and no. I wasn't expecting them both to arrive earlier than expected, but I did intend for you to bump into them."

"Ah... alright," I mumbled, taking another peek at Y/N.
"Could you stop?" She requested, glaring at me. "Calm your horses, human," I rolled my eyes, "Do remember that I fulfilled that wish of yours." "But you broke your promise," She grunted and United Nations clapped his hands, regaining our attention.

"Now now, there is no need for an argument." He stated with this huge grin, "We have an important subject to discuss about." Okay, he looked creepy as hell with that grin, especially when he could just snap his fingers and I'd say cześć to life!
Of course, that was a joke, but it wasn't too far off. I don't need or want a hitman on my back.
"As I was saying... We have an important subject."

"First of all, we shall establish our relationship right now," He continued, eyes on Y/N and I, but mostly Y/N, "Right now, we are all acquaintances. Right now, we leave what's happened in the past and focus on the now."
He added, "That means, to forget what happened previously. You can think of all that after our conversation. Is that clear?"
"But Sir, you know I can't forget-" He cut me off, "Not now, Poland. I know of your issue, but just leave it and sweep it under the carpet now, alright?" "Alright..." I grumbled, hearing a soft giggle come from Y/N.

With all bluntness and honesty that I have, which is a lot, couldn't Y/N's parents have given her a better name? Like, Y/N just doesn't fit her personality.
She definitely should've been called 'Annoying Piece of Shit' instead, that fitted her perfectly.

"Poland." I looked up at United Nations, his eyes narrowed at me, "Were you listening?" "Uhm, yes?" I responded. Whatever he said couldn't have been that important.

"Then, what's your opinion on the matter?" He smiled slightly, his eyes twitching. Oh man, did I anger him or something? Was it actually important? No cholera, mam przejebane!
"Uh... Well, I guess it's alright? It's like borderline okay?" I answered and United Nations gave me this stare that made me want to just self-delete right now. I really need to pay attention sometimes, I swear...