Chapter 35: The Reason

As the Elven warriors filled their stomachs and tended to their injuries, King Ethan and I, Knight Cyran, approached them, eager to hear their story. We requested the presence of their Elven representative, and soon enough, a figure emerged from the crowd. It was a Dark Elven warrior, resembling more of an assassin than a traditional warrior. His unique dark-colored skin set him apart from the rest of his kin.

The Dark Elven Phantom, known as Noki, stood tall and removed his hood, revealing his face. He then knelt before us, expressing gratitude for the kindness we had shown them. "I, Noki, temporary acting leader of the Elves, am here to convey our deepest gratitude," he began. "This moment will forever be etched in the hearts of all Elves."

As Noki knelt before us, he began to explain the reason behind their refuge in the Kingdom Gem Castle. "King Ethan, Knight Cyran, the reason we find ourselves in this pitiful state is because our kingdom was suddenly invaded by an unknown necromancer," Noki revealed. "Initially, we managed to fend off their first invasion successfully. However, the invasions continued day after day, and after a month had passed, our Elven warriors were exhausted."

Noki's voice grew more intense as he continued his account. "Suddenly, the unknown necromancer appeared before us. He raised his hand, and as it came down, a massive headless knight giant emerged, wielding a shield that deflected all our attacks. Our magic, ballistas, and sharp arrows were all rendered useless."

Frustration and anger filled Noki's voice as he clenched his fist. "This massive headless knight giant marched forward, destroying our kingdom. We, the Elves and Dark Elves, could only watch in despair as our efforts proved futile. In a desperate attempt to survive, we sought refuge in the nearby human territory, the Kingdom Gem Castle. Even though our Elven kin had invaded this kingdom in the past, we had no other choice."

Upon hearing Noki's account, King Ethan and I exchanged glances, understanding the gravity of the situation. We nodded in unison, knowing that action needed to be taken immediately. I wasted no time in issuing orders to the other stationed knights.

"All free knights, fortify the castle walls! Double the weight of our catapult loads! Prepare for battle and remain vigilant! We cannot afford to let our guard down," I commanded, my voice filled with determination.

The knights, hearing my orders, responded in unison, "As you command, Sir Cyran!"

And so, the stage was set for a battle that would determine the fate of both the Elves and the Kingdom Gem Castle. As I prepared myself for the impending conflict, I couldn't help but wonder what lay ahead. Little did I know that this would be the beginning of a journey filled with danger, sacrifice, and the unyielding spirit of the Elven warriors.