Chapter 11.

It's Monday morning, and Kacey is sitting at the table with a smile on her face.

Stella brings out the pancakes from the stove and places them on the table. "Eat up," Stella tells her.

Kacey looks down at the pancakes. With trauma piled up, she pushes the pancakes aside.

"What's wrong?" Stella says, concerned.

"I'm not hungry." Kacey's tone is quiet, filled with numbness.

Stella sits down next to Kacey. "I made an appointment for you to go see a therapist last night. So eat before we leave."

Still refusing with an empty stomach, Kacey tells her, "Um... I don't want to eat that."

Stella raises her eyebrows, "Why not? I thought you loved my pancakes."

"I do." Kacey lightens up.

Her voice gets softer, "It's just... Kyle."

Stella rubs her back, "What about Kyle?" She asks.

"He died." Kacey mentions.

Stella sighs. "Yeah, I know. Hey, do you want me to make you something else?" She asks, trying to change the mood.

Kacey looks up at Stella with a slight smile. "Yeah," she said.

"Okay, you can wait in the living room if you want," Stella tells her.

"Sure," Kacey agrees, before taking herself to the living room.

Kacey sits down on the couch, patiently waiting.

Meanwhile, Stella is making a burger. She finally adds the ketchup on the burger as the final touches.

Stella walks to the living room where she finds Kacey seated on the couch with a burger on top of a plate.

She brings the plate forward to hand to Kacey.

Kacey is looking at the floor. "Would you like a drink?" Stella asks.

"No thanks." Kacey responds, politely.

Kacey slowly turns her head over to Stella. Kacey stands up quickly, she breathes heavily. "Why? Are you trying to scare me?" Kacey shouts.

Stella looks more confused than ever. "What? No!" She defends herself.

Kacey continues to breathe harder. "Get, that away- away from me." She says, followed by passing out on the floor.

Stella panics, "Kacey!" She shouts.

Kacey wakes up in the hospital, although her vision is blurry. With a sigh of relief, Stella says, "Oh, thank God you're alive."

Stella hugs Kacey.

Kacey's vision goes back to normal. "What happened?" She asks.

Stella replies, "You fainted. Are you okay?"

The doctor opens the door and enters the room. "Kacey! You're alive."

The doctor walks closer to Kacey. "How do you feel? Does your head hurt?" He inquires as he holds up two fingers. "How many fingers am I holding?"

"I am not blind, but two," she says.

The doctor looks over at Stella, nodding his head up and down gently with a smile. "She'll be able to go back home normally," he tells Stella.

Stella says, "That's good, so can she see her therapist now?"

"Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and take her to the room on your left," he directs her.

At the therapist's office, Kacey sits on a chair next to her therapist, who looks to be in her mid-thirties.

The therapist smiles. "You're Kacey Stoll, correct?" She asks.

"Yeah," Kacey answers.

The therapist looks at her computer. "Well, Kacey, it's good to see you. How are you? I heard you fainted."

"Um, yeah, I did, but I'm feeling better now," Kacey says with honesty.

Looking for answers, the therapist says, "Okay, that's good to hear. Do you know what may have caused you to faint?"

A silence breezes between them. "My mom—foster mom gave me a burger, and it, um—" She whispers, "scared me."

The therapist has an odd look on her face. "Why did it—" She whispers, "scare you?" She mocks.

Kacey clears her throat. "Well, I would have to explain everything, like beginning to end."

The therapist puts her hands on her lap. "I'm all ears."

Kacey breathes in and out, "Oh boy," she says.

Now Kacey sits there, explaining all the trauma she had to endure from the ages of four until now.

The End. 

Thank you for your time, hope you enjoyed reading  this as much as I enjoyed writing this. I hope to become a screenwriter, this will definitely be a movie someday, just remember, Angely Sanchez wrote this.