Meeting the Savior

Freak

Chapter 2

~Meeting the Savior~

Alex.                                                                                                                                                                                        Cass and I left the house around noon to go get my things. Julia was going to be gone, or so I thought. Once we got into the house and my things were all packed we heard the door downstairs open and Julia's loud swearing soon after. Cass looked over at me in fear. ''I will not let her hurt you.'' I promised her. I would protect Cass even if it meant she saw me shift into a lycan.

       Julia stomped up the stairs and turned into my bedroom, ''Cassandra! Alexandra! How dare you skip school! Oh and you're trying to run away too!'' He shouted. Cass winced when her name was yelled. Julia pulled her belt from her pants and looked at both of us. ''Cassandra. You were going to take my daughter away!'' she yanked Cass' arm causing her to fall into a perfect position to be whipped. ''No! Julia, I am not your daughter! And it was my idea to run away and to skip school!'' I screamed in her face. Cass shouted no from behind me but Julia ignored her.

       The hard leather belt beat down repeatedly into my back, where there were already wounds. I screamed in pain, tears dripping from my cheeks. I cried every time her belt lashed into my back. I knew this time she was planning to kill me, when she didn't stop at the usual twenty five. Cass was still trying to get Julia to stop, all to no avail.

       I was starting to black out when the beating stopped. It took all my strength just to turn my head enough to see what was happening. Cass screamed. There was a man pinning Julia to the ground muttering words to her my beaten brain could not comprehend. The man lifted me up into his arms gently. Cass was yelling for him to put me down until I was able to croak out the words, ''It's okay. Follow him.'' I could smell he had the same blood as the fortune teller lady. An elemental.

Then I just blacked out.

Ethan.                                                                                                                                                                                I burst straight through the door and run up the stairs to where I could hear the screams in agony. There I saw the savior laying on the ground, an older woman beating her with a belt, and a human desperately pulling at the woman trying to stop the saviors beating. Quickly I ripped the woman away from the bleeding girl. The human rushed to her side and screamed. I pinned the woman and growled, ''If you ever touch her again I will rip you into shreds.'' When I got off the woman I gently scooped the savior up into my arms trying not to hurt her further. 

       Her friend was trying to get me to put her down but went quiet when the savior said, ''It's okay. Follow him.'' I don't know why she decided to trust me but I'm glad she did. I lead her friend back to the hotel. I told her nothing besides that my name was Ethan Campbell. The human told me the saviors name, Alexandra Porter or Alex for short, and the human's name was Cassandra Louis or Cass for short. Cass had grabbed a full bag from Alex's room.

       Alex's shirt was ripped and her blood was staining my already dirty shirt. At the moment though, I couldn't care less. Even with sweat on her face from the pain and blood coating her torso she was still beautiful. Her long brunette hair had blood in it. When we reached the hotel I was lucky enough that there was no one around so we got to the room without anyone seeing us.