Chapter three: the horrible mistake

Present time (Anastasia is 15 years old.)

Anastasia's POV

I was walking to Elena's house to do our homework together. I reached the gates, the gargoyle asked the password "cut off one head, two more take its place." I said.  The gates swung open. I walked to the door and knocked. Elena opened the door. "Hey Lena!" I said. "Hi Tasia!" She said "come on in." 

TIME SKIP

we walked to Elena's room. "Before we start with boring homework, do you want to try on some outfits first?" Asked Elena.  "Fine." I groaned. Elena went to her closet and found a few really fancy dresses and some high heels. She handed me a turquoise dress and black high heels. "Here, try these on." She said. I pulled the dress over my tunic and put on the shoes. I walked out of the closet on to the carpeted floor. I stumbled and fell. I hit my head and fire flickered and caught the fluffy carpet. I stood and looked around. Elena was surrounded by a wall of fire. I noticed the fire was an unnatural yellow orange. "Everblaze." I squeaked. "Where the heck did this fire come from, and what's Everblaze?" She yelled. " umm.. I forgot to tell you, I'm a pyrokenetic!" I said. Elena yelped. "You FORGOT?! How do you forget something like that?" More fire appeared from my panic. Elena started to cough. "The council told me that I had to keep it a secret!" I said. Elena sunk to the ground coughing. The fire had reached the lower levels of the house. I tried to reach through the fire to help Elena but my sleeve caught on fire. I patted it out. "ELENA!!!!" She didn't respond I vaguely saw through the flame a collapsed figure. I looked around and saw that a window was at the other end of the room. That would mean I would have to jump through the GIANT WALL OF EVERBLAZE! I took a deep breath and ran through the fire, covered my head and face, and then jumped through the window. I hit the ground with a thud just as the house exploded into flame.