Meet

Dancing... of all the things the world can offer, it had to be dancing.

Jisoo should be given a medal for knowing all her family members to the marrow of their bones, including her young brother who barely shared anything whenever there are family gatherings. She knew exactly what would make him weak and had mastered the art of blackmail, the exact reason for Kai driving downtown on a Saturday afternoon with annoyance at the top of his head and a scowl plastered on his face that would probably be permanent if he didn't smile for the next hour.

All details had already been explained to him but Kai was too upset with everything to care, even his friends who were stoked upon hearing the news. He didn't listen to the hyungs rant about 'the girl who will make one Kim Jong-in fall to his knees with the way she moves to music'; neither did he think that would ever happen. He would appear just for the prevention of his noona ever telling anyone in their home about the pack of cigarettes he had always kept close to him.

So there he was pulling into a parking space, about to meet this girl he was supposed to dance with on stage in four weeks time. Kai killed the car's engine but continued sitting there for five minutes, checking his phone for messages and found one from Sehun, one from Baekhyun, four from Jisoo and one from Inna.

It was like out of instinct that he checked Inna's first and Kai wasn't really sure what to feel upon seeing it. Hi, Jongin. Jisoo unnie probably gave you my number already but if she didn't, this is Inna. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that Jihyo's waiting at the cafe. She's been telling me that you're running a bit late, I hope the traffic's not too bad. Please update me if you can... and thank you for agreeing to dance at the program.

He didn't reply, simply because he didn't know what he was supposed to say. Kai then deleted all of Jisoo's messages knowing that they were only words to question him, and read the ones from Baekhyun and Sehun.

Bring back blueberry scones and a picture of her up close. If possible, get her autograph as well. I'll love you every day for it. Kai rolled his eyes and deleted Baekhyun's text.

How's your date going? Sehun asked and that was the only message sent to him that Kai responded to.

I was going to buy you a Grande-sized, chocolate bubble tea drink, but you ruined your chance. Go to hell, maknae. Kai replied and went out of his car, about to shove the phone in his pocket if it weren't for the fast reply interrupting him.

I'm sorry, Jongin. I won't call it a 'date' again. I promise. Please consider my apology, oh handsome and manly Kim Jong-in. You're my best friend, my brother, my favorite person in the world. I love you.

"For fuck's sake." Kai snorted and shook his head in amusement, typing out his answer. Give me a kiss when I get back.

Haha. Sehun said. But seriously though, how is it?

I'm not in the cafe yet.

What time are you supposed to be there? Sehun asked and Kai quickly answered while making his way in.

Four.

The door sounded a soft 'ding' and Kai spotted long, light hair by the window. She was resting her chin on her palm, elbow resting on the table with an almost-empty glass of eiskaffee in front of her and two cinnamon rolls on a plate, one already half-eaten. Her eyes were set outside where there was a perfect view of the road, cars and people passing by in their own fast times while hers was probably going too slow.

It took just one glimpse to know that she's Moon Ji-hyo.

Her eyes showed sleepiness but Kai doubted she was sleepy... probably just too bummed out and discouraged with him ever showing up. Kai looked at his phone and read Sehun's message.