Sundate

In the studio on a Sunday afternoon, Jihyo had stopped twirling around as the soft music stopped and Kai was leaning on the wall behind her, chugging water down like a bottomless pit. Sweat trickled down the sides of her face and he was the same, but they were both still so eager to spend energy into things as if they only needed each other's company for fuel.

She treaded to the desk and wiped her face with a clean towel, walking over to Kai next and raising the fabric up so she could gently dab it onto his forehead. Wet strands stuck to his skin but her light fingers swept them away, and more than the close contact, Jihyo enjoyed the look on his face.

It seemed as if she had cracked him open, tough only on the shell but possessed a soft interior. Kai was way more than his image and Jihyo liked that she was witnessing the shy and sweet sides, even though they were subtle. He was restraining himself and she wanted to see more of the real him... more of Jongin.

"You okay?" Jihyo asked with a small smile, breaking the gaze away from his eyes and focusing on the skin. She patted his face dry and Kai could only reach up to hold her wrist and stop her, head moving to a mere shake. "What?"

"Nothing, I just..." Kai uttered, blinking a few times. "Don't stand so close."

Jihyo grinned and stepped back, nodding a little to his request. Adjustment period, she said in her mind. Jihyo might as well let Kai come out of his cave gradually and let him know that cheesy things like that were okay with her. Why would she mind if he embraced her randomly one day? Kai could be warmer and better than her bedroom sheets.

He could be touchy-feely all he wanted and she wouldn't complain.

Jihyo figured that being awkward like him would never do anything good to them, so she was being bold, being herself.

"Do you want to learn more of the routine today?" Jihyo asked.

"Isn't that why I come here?" Kai asked back. He raised his arms up in a stretch and Jihyo went to the table, turning her laptop off. "What are you doing?"

"We've been cooped up in here for too long." She pointed at Kai's shirt. "You can change here. I'll change into something more decent in my room and we can meet in the lounge."

"Where are we going?" His eyebrows knitted together, but he did walk towards his bag and pulled out a fresh shirt.

"You're going out on a date with me."

If they were having a meal, he would've choked on his food. "I'm sorry?"

"Let's go out on a date." Jihyo shrugged. "Do you want me to ask in a proper way like a lady?"

Kai still stared at her like she was talking gibberish, so Jihyo suppressed a laugh and stood straight. "Kim Jong-in, would you like to go out on a spontaneous Sunday date with me?"

"You're unbelievable." Kai shook his head and took his shirt off, a signal for Jihyo's face to hit boiling point and turn around. He turned the tables so easily with one move and she walked backwards towards the door, avoiding the sight of a topless guy in her studio that was honestly so tempting to peek at.

Sweet moments were okay but instances like this were just absurd. Jihyo didn't want and wanted to look at the same time. It was an internal battle.

"I'm going to my room. You just carry on changing here." She announced loudly and next to that, was Kai's amused chuckles. "And next time, warn me before you go all fucking Tarzan."

"Ah, the swearing... I missed that." Kai replied.

Before Jihyo even composed an appropriate answer, her rational mind got the best of her and she went out, proceeding to change clothes and coming out of the room to meet Kai, sitting on her couch, phone pressed to his ear. He was talking to someone, most probably one of the guys he brought to the program with him. She didn't want to interrupt so Jihyo subtly sat beside him and Kai gave her a short smile.