13

Dec. 20th 2023

Kyle Smith POV

Kyle Smith POV

"Ah cool" I rolled my eyes writing down the number of guests that are coming to my family's christmas dinner, I have a love and hate relationship with this time of the year, and because Kai, David and I are the only family members living in Jamaica, the planning of the holidays falls on us-

Dat nuh sound right

Sorry let me rephrase.

The planning of the holiday falls pan mi cause mi likkle bredda dem are not doing shit dat ago stress dem.

"Hey Kyle, what ya doing?" Rain asked coming into the Kitchen, it has been a good while since the Adrien situation. From that situation Adrien and Rain started to date, Zain and Rain talked things out and no one heard from Kai, but we know he is alive.

"Deh ya a plan out fi Christmas" I took a deep breathe allowing her to look on the paper I have been writing on, "Can I help?" I opened one eye seeing her focus on the paper, "If yuh can manage"

"Sure" she smiled, "I love party planning, and it gives me an excuse to be busy around this time" she shrugged. "Your an architect that runs her own firm how are you not busy?" I asked sliding her my car keys which she happily took.

"Like yesterday, I gave them the last of their work to do, on Wednesday is their office party that I have already planned and arranged for them, then after words I will have a meeting with my partners and then everybody off for Christmas" she shrugged walking into the garage with me.

"Your not attending the office party?" I questioned as I sat into the passenger side of my car and she sat into the driver's seat adjusting the car to her needs.

"Nah, I don't need to be there" she waved it off.

_______________________________

"Aint no way they're more liquor than food!" she exclaimed making me laugh we have been in the store buying a lot of liqour for my family get together, "Listen we drink alot ok-"

"NIGGA WI HAVE TWO CART FULL OF JUST LIQUOR ALONE!" I burst out laughing at her whisper yelling, "I can't be seen like this at all, Imma go buy the food" she walked away from me.

"Rain come nuh mi nah laugh nuh more" I was still in giggled, the people dem maybe think that mi drunk, instead of coming back she raised a big middle finger at me, I shook my head trying to calm my fit of laughter cause my phone was ringing.

"Yo y pree?" I answered trying to be serious, "Ahm- a wah leave yuh inna giggles?" my little brother asked and I started to actually calm down, "Nothing a wahm?"

"Mi inna town and wah try help yuh out with planning" he answered, I could hear the road in the background, "Yuh know wah meet me inna New Value Supermarket a constant spring plaza" I instructed, hearing a hum in understanding I hanged up the phone.

"Henessy check, white rum check, rum cream check-" I was checking off the list of rum that we needed.

30mins.

"Yo ma brotha!" David dabbed me up, "Bomboclaat, a suh yuh a come dis Christmas?" he asked looking at the cart, I rolled my eyes as he took on cart and I took the other, "Dem naav enough light beer suh one bar wi ago guh" I told him as we were pushing the carts to the register, I was looking around the store for Rain and I couldn't find her.

Pulling out my driver's license the same time my brother was, him doing most of the talking while I am dialing Rain's number.

"Wassup?" she answered the call, "A weh yuh deh suh long my girl?" I questioned, "Mi deh out a door helping the guy load yuh car wid di food" she answered in broken English making me smile, she has her moments when patois spills from her mouth.

"Oh" was all I answered, "Mi soon fawud tho" she answered me before hanging up, I see David look at me weird, "Yuh get gyal?" he asked with a smile making me roll my eyes, "Gweh nuh"

Same time I saw Rain skip to me before her eyes landed on the candy near the register, picking up random sweets- mostly chocolate. "Yuh waah ketch diabetes?" I asked her as she shimmed pass me, "Yea yuh have a problem she asked dropping her sweets in a small cart before disappearing, I could see David looking at her ass as she walked away.

"Focus nuh bredda"

"A who dat?" he asked, I looked at him them at the men taking up the boxes of liquor, "Rain"

_______________________________

Rain Richards POV

"Rain this is my brother David, David this is Rain, Zain's sister"

I smiled as I shook his hand, as I am going to let go he lifts my hand to his lips, kissing my knuckles, I cringed pulling my hands away.

"Jamaica wi deh my yute" I wiped the back of my hand against Kyle as he was trying not to laugh.

"Damn" David clutched his chest in fake hurt, "Neva affi deal wid mi suh ruff muma" I shrugged my shoulders at the statement as we walked out of the supermarket.

"Where else we going?" I looked to Kyle as the workers were stacking David's car with the boxes of liquor, "Wi ago St. Thomas"

_______________________________

Happy holidays everyone❤️💋