1-10

lixcy_04
set up
bookshelf
quit
front page
Ranking list
boys novels
Girls' Novels
Complete the novel
Novel classification
my bookshelf
Reading history
Feedback
69 book bar
Simplified
page
collect
Table of contents
set up
daytime
Report an error
  Chapter 1 1: The Dead City

  Xu Zhi controlled the wheelchair and slid to the window, silently looking at the gloomy sky outside the window and the black mist spreading like a tide on the ground.

  This is the seventh day since she was left behind, and the seventh day since the city fell into a cordoned off zone.

  Except for those who can't walk, those who can walk have been evacuated one after another. To this day, the entire city has been sealed off, and no one can enter or leave the city anymore.

  Reason told her that when the disaster happened suddenly, it was right for her parents to only take away their healthy brother. Otherwise, their whole family might be trapped in this city with her as a burden. But she was only seventeen years old. How could she stay sane when her whole family was abandoned in this "dead city"?

  What this frail body brought her was not more care and love from her parents, but impatience and boredom day after day. They never even tried to cure her illness, even if caring people helped her, this The money was not used for her treatment.

  If it were not for the legal constraints, her family would have abandoned her long ago. After all, they already have a healthy enough son. Even if the law requires them to support themselves seriously, it is useless. They only need to maintain her normal appearance when visiting her home to express condolences. Just abuse her and throw it away. Even the price of the medicine bought for her is within the federal minor patient benefit, so the medicine cannot cure her. At most, it will keep her alive.

  Now, the world is undergoing great changes. This is a perfect opportunity, so she was left behind without hesitation.

  Is it hard to believe how devastated it is?
  That's not the case. After all, even if there is no disaster, she will probably die soon after she becomes an adult. She can feel that her body is getting weaker and weaker. It has been two years since she missed the life-saving money for surgery. But if you are alive, federal supervision will no longer be strict for adults, and you will die of illness.

  So it’s more of a feeling of “this day has finally come”. There is nothing more mourning than heartbreak, and numbness and hatred are more than heartache and sadness.

  The food left at home that she couldn't take away was only enough for her to eat for about half a month. Once she finished eating, she would probably starve to death at home.

  After all, today is different from the past. This city is no longer safe. An "old, weak, sick and disabled person" like her who suffers from heart disease so severe that she needs to rely on a wheelchair and whose hearing is severely damaged would probably die within an hour of going out. .

  A year ago, extraordinary abilities suddenly appeared in this world, and people were immersed in the joy of obtaining extraordinary abilities. Little did they know that this was just a warning before a disaster.

  One month ago, a sudden change occurred, the Tengu eclipsed the sun, and black mist enveloped the earth. Alien monsters were born from the mist. They have weird and crazy abilities. Ordinary thermal weapons have no effect on them. Only extraordinary people can kill them. , but humans who have only been exposed to the extraordinary for a year are simply unable to compete with it.

  Seeing that mankind has reached the edge of life and death, the fog suddenly begins to recede in one direction like a tide.

  That was Yuncheng where Xu Zhi was located.