Chapter 4. Old enemies but new abilities

Mugman, Cuphead, and Evie followed King Dice. Mugman walked beside King Dice and looked at him, "So, what do y'all need help with, Dice?" Mugman blinked at him, then his look straightened up a bit, "Is it something that involves... the devil?" King Dice looked down as he continued to walk, sighed, and nodded his head. Mugman's eyes widened, and his pupils started to move left and right. Then he blinked and looked up at Dice, "You're lying," he said as he stared at him with his eyes widened. King Dice looked at Mugman, sighed, and said seriously and sadly, "Sadly... I'm not, Mugman." Mugman glared at him, then turned to Cuphead and Evie, "We ain't helping him, Cuphead!" Mugman snapped at Cuphead, then said angrily, "We're not helping the devil either!" Mugman glared back at King Dice. King Dice looked at Cuphead and Evie. Evie looked confused but scared, and Cuphead's eyes widened angrily as he glared at King Dice. "Why are we helping the devil, Dice?" Cuphead said with a scolding tone. King Dice sighed, closed his eyes, then spoke in a calm but serious tone, "Because something is wrong with him." He opened his eyes again and looked at Mugman, Cuphead, and Evie, and sighed once again, "The devil has found a new 'friend'." King Dice said with a stern tone.His look became more serious, and then he spoke in a serious tone, "But I don't like the way that... that yellow glitchy rabbit looks at me." As he said that, Cuphead saw Evie's eyes widen in fear. "D-did you say a yellow glitchy rabbit?" she said with a lot of fear in her tone. Cuphead put a hand on Evie's shoulder. "Are you okay, Evie?" Cuphead said with a bit of worry hiding in his voice. Mugman then walked over to Evie. "Why do you sound afraid, Evie? Is it something that you're hiding?" Mugman said in a stern/mad tone as he got closer to Evie with a glare. Cuphead went in front of Evie and faced Mugman with a glare and a stern tone. "That's enough, Mug!" Cuphead was glaring at him as he curled up his upper lip and bared his teeth at Mugman."Mugman did the same thing as Cuphead. The two brothers looked at each other, both seeming ready to fight. King Dice stepped between them and scolded, "Both of you stop acting like a bunch of angry cats!" Mugman scoffed and walked away. "Why do you trust some girl?" Cuphead glared at Mugman. "Eevee is not just some girl! She's a friend, a friend to me—" He was cut off by Mugman shouting, "You don't even know her, Cuphead! She's hiding something from us all!" Mugman walks up to Evie, pushes her down, and pins her to the ground with his foot. Evie grunts in pain. Cuphead's eyes widened with anger as he ran over to Mugman. "Get. Off. Of. Her!" Cuphead pushed him off of Evie and helped her up, then put her behind him to protect her from Mugman. He faced Mugman, who was getting up from the ground. "What the hell, Cuphead!" Mugman said angrily.cuphead,"Why do you protect her and care so much about her?" Cuphead looked at Evie and then back at his angry brother. "Because I feel like I've known her for years... and I see her as a little sister or something. So, you know what, Mugman? I promise that I'll protect her with my life! I won't let anyone hurt her. I'll become her deputy.""Or a right-hand man," Cuphead said with so much bravery in his tone. Mugman looked at Cuphead with his eyes widened with hate towards Evie. He almost looked like he wanted Evie dead. "Fine... but we both know that the devil isn't going out without a fight," Mugman said as his looks softened. Then he turned around and started to walk. Cuphead looked at Evie, "You okay?" Evie smiled at him as she was rubbing her neck, "Yea... did... you really mean... all of that... Cup?" Evie looked at him. Cuphead nodded his head at her, "Yes!" he said as he hugged her tightly. "A thousand times yes, Eevee!" Cuphead pulled back and smiled at her. Evie smiled back at him, "Then I shall call you my right-hand man then... heh," Evie chuckled. Cuphead smiled at her brightly as he hugged her again, "Let's get going then, eh?" Evie nodded her head at him and began to walk ahead of Cuphead.