Prologue: the beginning

It was dark and dusty on the battlefield. A woman with silver hair, an outer space hoodie, night sky scarf, and dark blue sweatpants was breathing heavily and holding her chest. "MOONLIGHT!" There was a skeleton with a black and white scarf, a white sweater, and black shorts running over to Moonlight. "C-cross...," Moonlight said weakly as Cross was running toward her direction. "Why did you use that attack on him!? You know that attack could hurt you or—" Cross stopped talking as Moonlight hugged him. "I had to... It was our only chance to stop him from overwriting everything..." Moonlight started to cough up some blood. She wiped her mouth, and Cross widened his eyes as he watched Moonlight. "Y-you're bleeding, Moonlight... Moonlight, you idiot! I told you not to do that attack! Now you're... going to dust away..." Cross started to tear up as he shouted. Moonlight wiped his tears away. "It's okay, Cr... os... s. O..kay," she smiled weakly at Cross. Cross held Moonlight close to his chest as he picked her up and started to run away from the battlefield. His eyes widened as he heard someone running behind him. Cross turned his head to see him. "Oh no," Cross said, scared and shocked. He quickly summoned a gaster blaster, and the other did the same. The two gaster blasters shot at each other, and everything went white.