~Chapter 25~

"ONE-SAN! GET AWAY FROM THERE!" Giyu yelled as tears sprang from his eyes. He ran towards Douma with rage in his eyes. 

"Oh, don't worry, she will be freed from her pain and misery," that wretched demon crooned. Slowly, Tsutako was getting absorbed by Douma. His playful face suddenly turned painful. 

"ARGHHHHH!" he screamed in pain. The wisteria poison was slowly getting to him. Tsutako's body slowly merged with Douma's. Giyu shook with grief.

"One-san....why would you...." Shinobu said in disbelief, and the grip on her sword loosened. Tsutako's sword fell to the ground with a clang. 

"Remember me," she whispered.

And then she was gone. 

The Beauty of the Water Kingdom was no more. 

But her death was not in vain. Douma began to disintegrate, screaming in pain. Giyu kept his composure and picked up his sword. Shinobu, who was devastated, looked everywhere. She had completely lost hope. But one voice pulled her back to reality. 

"SHINOBU! PICK UP YOUR SWORD! DONT LET NE-SAN'S DEATH GO IN VAIN!" Giyu yelled,"CHARGE!" 

Everyone who was remaining attacked Akaza with full force. After they defeated Akaza, they made their way to where the main battle was happening. 

"Where is Tsutako-ne?" Nezuko asked, but when she saw the dejected faces of the lot, her heart dropped. 

"FIGHT!" Tanjiro yelled, with tears in his eyes. Then Giyu realised that Rengoku was not fighting in the war. 

"No...what is happening...."

Driven by a mixture of determination, anger, grief and will to live, they defeated Muzan. 

But the lives that were lost that day never came back.