Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

"What were you doing in San Francisco?" I asked when we were done eating and laying down on his queen-sized bed as the TV softly played in the background.

"When I saw you on the plane?" he asked turning to look at me.

"Yeah." I inquired.

"I was in Santa Cruz surfing with some friends there. Well technically I was supposed to be looking at UC Santa Cruz but I got distracted." He laughed.

"I thought you're going on that trip with your friends after summer."

"I am, but my parents don't totally approve. Well—they don't really care to begin with. But they, of course, prefer I spend my time in school." He sighed.

"Oh," I said.

"Do you want to go to bed now?" he asked looking at me.

"Okay." I smiled. I guess I was spending the night. After brushing our teeth (he gave me an unused toothbrush), I followed him into his bed. The TV was still on, murmuring in the background. He turned the TV off with the remote and opened one window before climbing in under the covers. He scooted his body closer to mine, lying on his stomach.

"Can you scratch my back?" he asked his voice muffled from the pillow.

"Only if you scratch mine after."

"Fine." his eyes closed as I began to softly draw designs on his back.

"Okay, my turn." I said lying on my stomach after several minutes of massaging him.

"You won't even be able to feel anything through that shirt," He grumbled wining.

"Fine." I pushed myself up, taking the baggy shirt off and tossing it onto the ground. I rested back on my stomach, hiding my exposed chest. "What?" I asked as his eyes widened.

"Nothing." He smiled lazily before slowly moving his fingertips on my bare back.

***

"I don't want to get up." I groaned. I woke up before Jacob and took the time to go to the bathroom, wash my face, and brush my teeth. I climbed back into the bed and woke him up like a nice person.

"Me neither. Just stay here with me," he suggested in a calm voice still laced with sleep. He began to slowly run his fingers through my hair and down my bare back. I was laying down on him with my cheek on his chest.

"I want to but I have to go to work today." I sighed, wishing I didn't have to leave.

"Then when you finish, come directly back here. Right here in this spot." He laughed.

"I wish." I smiled.

I walked into my room grabbing my romper. Jacob was waiting for me, sitting on my bed, and watching my every move so I walked outside to quickly change in the bathroom. He insisted on driving me home and giving me a ride to work because it was "too hot to walk". It was probably a good thing that he drove me considering my clothes from yesterday were still wet and I didn't want to walk home in men's boxers and a worn out t-shirt. My sister had left the backyard door unlocked for me so we had to sneak in through there. Not that she was home. She was working at the store, in the office. Something about coming up with new sketches.

I walked back into my bedroom where Jacob was waiting.

"You're phone has been buzzing for like hours." He exaggerated.

"I doubt that's true." I rolled my eyes walking over to where I had tossed it, turning it on silent.

"Aren't you going to see who was calling you?" he asked getting up and pulling his keys out of his pocket.

"Its probably just my dad." I began to dig through the drawers to my nightstand, looking for the store keys. Or someone else.

"Ready?" he asked as soon as I found the lanyard I had placed the keys on.

"Yeah."

"Thanks for the ride." I smiled leaning over, to quickly peck Jacob on the lips.

He insisted on driving me home and giving me a ride to work because it was "too hot to walk". It was probably a good thing that he drove me considering my clothes from yesterday were still wet and I didn't want to walk home in men's boxers and a worn out t-shirt. I quickly changed into my white romper and grabbed the store keys before climbing back into his car so he could give me a ride to the store.

"No, one more." he beamed, leaning in to kiss me again.

"I'm late!" I pulled back after giving in to a couple lengthy kisses.

"What time do you get off?" he shouted through the window as I shut the car door.

"Like 6ish, I think," I shouted back before walking into the store.

"You're so late." My sister was standing right in front of the door, causing me to not only be scared shitless but to almost run into her. Her arms were crossed over her chest and her eyebrows were furrows and her eyes only moved to watch Jacob drive off.

"Sorry." I walked past her to put my phone in the drawer under the computer, not sounding the least bit sorry. Honestly, I wasn't. Spending those extra minutes in bed with Jacob was worth it. Even if it meant rushing to get ready and not having time for breakfast.

The day went back slow, as expected. Not many people came into the store. I spend the majority of the day folding clothes and even trying on a couple of swimsuits on. Around 3 pm, I heard the door open but didn't hear any voices talking. I walked to the front of the store to see the guy I met at the party the previous night. Colton.

"Hey, there's a familiar face." He smiled. He was wearing practically the same thing as the last time I saw him: a white t-shirt with dark jeans.

"Hi, I'm assuming you're looking for a new bikini?" I laughed at my own joke.

"Actually, I came here for you. Big surprise I know." he smiled.

"What's up?" I smiled.

"Nothing really. But I was thinking about our conversation last week, and since we're both considered the new kids in town, we should hang out. Particularly because we're both lucky enough to be from San Fran." He grinning, his blue eyes vibrant.

"That sounds nice. It would be nice to have a friend around here." I laughed taking one of the business cards on the counter and scribbling my number on the back.

"Just call me anytime. I probably won't have plans." I handed him the card.

"Awesome." He looked at the card studying my number. "Wow, 415?" he read the familiar San Francisco area code. "You should probably change that." He teased.

"Hey! I'm only here for the summer." I defended. "I'm not going to change my phone number for three months." I laughed.

"I guess." He smiled. "You down for lunch tomorrow?" he suggested.

"Sure, that may work," I replied after thinking if I had anything planned. "I don't have to work tomorrow so what about around 1?"

"Okay cool." Colton looked around the store. "So, I'll text you tonight with the details considering I probably know the area better than you." He grinned.

"Sounds good." I fiddled with the pen in my hands.

"Bye." He simpered walking out.