𝟎𝟎𝟏

Y/N's POV

We were all walking to the reaping hand in hand hoping to be safe this year. After what happened 5 years ago, it hasn't been the same. 5 years ago from today our parents were both chosen as tributes to the annual hunger game.
We watched as our dad killed our mom with no remorse. he then died that same day by suicide, guess killing mom finally got to him. no one was close to dad. He would always try to hit one of us and me and Alexander would always take the fall for mom or the little ones. I miss her, so much..

My thoughts of mom were soon cut off with the announcements. "This year the capital has decided to have 2 victors for this years annual hunger games" the whole district 12 starts to whisper to one another and my brother looks to me "hey at least if we get picked we can win together" he laughed and looked away. I stared at my feet scared. we've been lucky for a few years but how long would that last? What if the little ones get chosen? People won't care what happens to them as long as they survive.
"The tributes from district 12 is Claire Thornefield" Claire froze at the sound of her name, the people looked back at her and she started walking. "no, no, NO I VOLUNTEER I VOLUNTEER" Alex screamed. I felt my heart break, I know how much he loves her. She healed him. "Oh, well" he paused and laughed "Your actually already a tribute" laughing even harder "Ha how embarrassing, anyway you and your sister over there" pointing at me "yea you. Your all tributes this year. Give it up for Alexander and Y/N Y/L/N" no one clapped but him.

I was frozen squeezing my little siblings hands tighter all I hear is ringing in my ears and faint yelling from my brother. everything starts to go blurry from the tears forming in my eyes. Did he think this was a joke?! Claire and Alexander were being pulled by guards and one of them trying to grab me, I pushed them off and i kneeled down to face joey and heaven. "listen to me stay with moms old friends and NEVER leave them. I love you guys so much I promise we'll be alright" i wiped heavens tears "don't cry we'll be alright." I said more calmly, but i was not calm at all but i couldn't have them worry about us. The guards forcefully pulled the 3 of us away "Joey take care of heaven don't let her out of your sight!" I yelled already being far from them. joey was crying holding heaven close to him "i love u guys" i whispered to alexander and Claire standing facing the crowd from the stage faces filled with sorrow. some crying grateful tears and laughing for not being picked.

486 words
End of chapter 𝟎𝟎𝟏

A/N: Please let me know if you want more I felt like this chapter wasn't good But if u ask for more then I will try to be better thank you!