4

"Did Bradyn tell you about the mark?"Regulus asks, plopping down on the side of his bed.

James and I sit on the side of Barty's bed across from Regulus. James speaks up first. "Yeah. I was worried when you ran off so he explained it."

"Gives me less to say then."

"What scares you so much? It's not like we'd let anything happen to you."

"That's not actually under your control."

"Maybe it is. You don't know for sure that we can't help."

"I do. Two pretty boys against a family of death eaters sounds like a bloodbath."

"There's more than two of us. We want to be with you and we'll do anything to make that happen. You just have to let us."

"I can't do that. I might be a dick but I'd never put you in danger like that."

"You're not a dick unless you want to be. And we wouldn't be in danger. Let us help."

"James, you really don't know what you're getting into. As much as I would absolutely love to let you be my knights in shining armour, I made my choice."

"Because you thought you had to. Not because that's what you wanted."

"How do you know that?"

"Your brother's my best friend. I know you don't want to tell your parents that you're gay. I know you don't want to marry your fucking cousin. I know you don't actually care how pure your blood is. Despite your taste in men. I know that you're terrified, love. So let's fix all of that. You don't have to tell them anything. We'll show them and if they give you shit for it, we'll keep you safe. We won't let you marry your cousin because one, that's gross and two, you'd rather be in a relationship you chose. As far as the pureblood thing, at least you'd be able to say you didn't taint your blood. Especially since we can't have kids, we're three guys and we're all purebloods."

"How long did it take you to think of that? Thirty seconds?"

"Closer to six hours, love."

"You actually thought about that all day?"

"Of course I did. I'm not too keen on letting you live a life that you don't want."

"Fine, one week. You two have one week."

"Yes!"

"Don't do that."

"Sorry."

Regulus gets up motions for us to move over some and settles in between us. He buries his face in the crook of my neck and pulls James' arm around his waist. I can feel him calm down, his stressed and rapid breathing slowing back to normal.

"However there is one small catch."James says and despite me looking at Regulus, I can hear the smirk on his lips.

"Spit it out, Potter."Regulus replies, tone soft even though his response was sassy.

"You have to ask Bradyn out."

"You're insane."

"Yeah. I'm also not kidding. Ask him out."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"You've kissed, you've been flirting, you're cuddling right now. You should be dating."

"Doesn't actually need a label."

"It'd be better if it had one."

"You're not one to talk, wonder deer. You spent six years flirting your asses off with one another and did nothing until someone made you ask each other out."