Chapter 3: Battle for the red light of rage

.OoO. Apokolips, Next day .OoO.

Kakarot was getting dressed after taking a shower and going through his morning exercises, and was getting ready for his mission. He looked behind him and saw Gilotina still asleep on the bed, it was clear that she was still exhausted from the fun they had the night before.

He smirked and finished getting dressed before picking up his Father box and placed it on his wrist. He started making his way out of the room, "I'm coming as well." he heard the voice of the woman and he shook his heard.

"No need I'll be fine." he said.

"No you are not." he heard Gilotina say as she stood up. "Wait a few hours and I'll assemble a strike force to assist you." said the woman and Kakarot turned to her an eye brow raised.

"Do you know where I'm going?" he asked.

"No but regardless." he heard her say and Kakarot shook his head.

"I'm going to Ysmault." he said and Gilotina looked at him like he was crazy.

"You planned on going to the homeworld of the red lanterns alone?" asked the woman and Kakarot nodded.

"Yes, they are a bunch of weaklings all I need it to take out their leader and I'll be fine." he said calmly with a shrug.

"Your are crazy." spoke the woman as she leaped to her feet albeit unsteadily. She picked up her armour and started walking out the room.

"I'll assemble the Furies for you and a few other decently strong fighters, you can not go there alone." she said while getting dressed and making her way out.

"I.." Kakarot was about to speak but the woman whirled to him.

"Don't speak, Stay here and I'll be back in an hour." she said heatedly and Kakarot nodded feeling like he couldn't say anything to sway the woman, a nod was his reply. She opened the doors and started walking out but another person was there waiting.

Kakarot saw the man and blinked. "Steppenwolf, What are you doing here?" he asked while Gilotina walked away.

"Lord Darkseid said I should accompany you on your mission. What is it?" asked he man Kakarot nodded.

"I'm going to present the entirety of the Red Lantern Corp to Darkseid." said Kakarot with a smirk.

Steppenwolf blinked in surprise. "That's the opportunity you spoke of?" he asked and Kakarot nodded. "Why. Those being are nothing but a bunch of weaklings." said the new god.

"No need to worry. Individually yes, but in numbers they are a formattable force plus we can bring down the number of rebellions on all captured plants this way. Imagine it Steppenwolf, Rebels filled with anger and rage at our invasion falling into the our control as well via the rings." spoke Kakarot while walking into the room and the new god nodded, understanding the thought process behind it all.

"I understand but we don't have the man power to deal with entirety of the red lantern." spoke Steppenwolf.

"I've been given to understand that if we can get our hands on the powering belonging to the leader we can take control of all the others." spoke Kakarot.

"I see and where did you come across this information?" asked Steppenwolf.

"I came across it when the entity called Butcher tried to coax me into becoming a red lantern after certain events." said Kakarot while waving a hand.

"I see, when will be leaving?" asked Steppenwolf.

"When Gilotina is finished gathering the appropriate forces. Apparently she's not keen on me going alone." said Kakarot with a frown.