chapter two

I got to work at 5:58am so i had two minutes before my shift starts. I walked upstairs to the teacher room and put my things next to my desk when i heard someone calling my name. „Y/N!” I heard. I was my collegue Martha. I shouted back „Yeah?”. „Come downstairs” she yelled. I turned around and walked down the stairs to her to see what was happening.

I walked straight to the dining room where she was and saw that she spilled all the breakfast milk for the children on the ground. „Oh no” I said to myself and went to help her clean it. She ran for some paper towels to the kitchen and i started wiping it with my tissues. A few seconds later, I got that wierd feeling like someone was watching me again. Shivers ran down my spine and i turned around to check if someone else was there with me but nobody was there. Martha interupted my worry when she came running back with the paper towels and we started cleaning.

It was now 6:13am, we were supposed to open 13 minutes ago. We heard a knock on the door so we asumed it was some parents so i went to open it.

As i got to the big cloudy-like glass door, I saw a tall person trough. I opened it and saw a parent with a child waiting for us to open. I apologized for the delay and let them in. Later on when all the children were here, we decided to play a game. We got all the stuffed animals out and the children made a short performances in teams. At the end of the day, when all the children left with their parents, it was time to go home. At this point I was exausted so I said bye to Martha and left the kindergarden.

I always walk to work since i live kinda close and its the easiest way to get myself there and back home. I started walking and since it was winter and it was already after 6pm, it was dark. The only source of light were the street lamps but they were only on the side of the road and since I have to walk most of my way trough the forest, the street lamps don't help and i walk almost in complete darkness.

I was walking down the street enjoing the last lamps before i crossed the street and walked into the forest. It was really quiet, every step i took was loud and clear, i could hear every breath i took. For some reason, i was scared. My heart was beating out of my chest and my breath was speeding up. I started walking faster but i didn't know why.

At one point i saw the light of  streets again and i felt instant relief. I calmed down and my heart and breath were normal again. Suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind and placed a hand on my mouth. „Don't. Say. A. Word” he wispered in my ear. I froze in shock as he trew me on the ground and put his other hand around my neck. „If you speak i'll kill you right here right now understand?” I just starred at him with tears in my eyes. „DO YOU UNDERSTAND!?” I quickly nodded as he crouched next to me. „Good” he wispered. He lifted his head up and looked around if nobody was around. Then he lifted me up and put me in the truck of his car that was about 2 meters away from us.