3. chapter

~three days later~

~three days later~

"Asthoeria's Snapchat story?" I burst out laughing as I followed my best friend up the stairs to the girl dorms. "No way.."

But Pans grins. "Everyone is talking about it. I can't believe that you haven't seen it yet. She pushes open the door to her storage room and throws herself onto the bed in the corner. I'm not making fun of the seize of her dorm. It actually used to be a storage room.

Pansy comes from a family of four children and when her father adopted the youngest last year, they ran out of money. So they had to improvise. Since we're all going off to work in a few months anyway, Pans volunteered to live in this small dorm until then. It's no comparison to her old dorm, but it's admittedly quite a large and surprisingly comfortable storage room and she gets to live alone in one.

"Five gallons that Mattheo is leaving dear Ari for this." Pans pats the mattress next to her. "Sit down."

I obey and sit cross-legged on my best friend's bed while she pulls out her phone and opens the camera app.

"I recorded her story before she disappeared," Pans explains, scrolling through photos of her and Theodore smiling, hugging, kissing - all while still claiming they're just friends. It takes her a moment to find the video among all the cute couple stuff.

"Tada!" she says, zooming in on the video. Astoria Greengrass, cheerleader, student body president, and professional beast, appears on the screen and activates the Snapchat Puppy filter. This must have been taken when the teacher left the room. With her lips twisted into a pout, Astoria plays with her long, blond hair with one hand and looks provocatively into the camera. Accompanied by the hashtag: #HaveNoSelfieControl

I don't see it at first - ironically, Astoria didn't see it at first either.

But then Pans plays it again. And I see them in the background.

Mattheo and Theodore.

Unaware that the cell phone camera is pointed at them, the two exchange a knowing look while Mattheo points to the backpack at his feet and pushes it closer to Theodore with his foot so that he can take a look inside. It's obvious from the video that they were up to something. No wonder the school put two and two together within milliseconds. Mattheo checks his surroundings for witnesses - although not thoroughly enough, as we now know - and then puts his hand in his backpack. The video ends at the moment he takes out the stink bomb.

Yes, that's enough.

Good luck proving your innocence, buddy.

I know I shouldn't find other people's misfortunes amusing. But the irony of his Majesty Mattheo Riddle being exposed on social media by his own girlfriend is just too surreal.