NEST

NEST Classified Operations - Diego Garcia

Hornet follows the Autobots into the hangar, staying close to Optimus Prime. She could hear the twins, Mudflap and Skids, arguing about what color they should be for upgrades. She hears Skids hit Mudflap, "I got the green."

"That hurt, man."

"It's supposed to hurt. It's an ass-kicking."

She mentally rolls her optics and follows Prime into the Autobot Hangar. A Soldier calls out, "Present arms!"

Lennox approaches a man exiting a helicopter, "Director Galloway, what an honor. I'd love to show you around, but you gotta be on the classified access list."

Galloway glares at Lennox and smacks a paper against the soldier's chest, "I am now. Presidential order, Major. I got a message for your classified space buddies! You guys made a mess of Shanghai." The man stomps away from Lennox towards the Hangar.

Lennox rolls his eyes and leads him to the Autobot Hangar and JCS, "All right, so this is where we communicate with the JCS, and this area serves as the Autobots' hangar." Lennox climbs up the ramp and stands before a camera and computer.

A Soldier turns to Lennox, "Secure link to JCS is up, Major! Secure line to Pentagon is now open."

Lennox turns to the screen as the General appears, "General?" General Morshower nods on the screen, "Will, I saw the Shanghai op."

Epps calls out from below, "We had a rough day out there."

Lennox nods his head, "Yes, sir. We have intel that I believe warrants an immediate debrief. Now, with your permission, I can't let you see him nor the Hybrid, but I would like you to hear from the leader of the Autobots."

"Proceed."

Epps glances at one of the soldiers next to him as Optimus and Hornet transform and stand up, facing away from the cameras, "You got to wonder if God made us in his image, who made them?" Epps muttered.

Optimus Prime glances at the screen, "General, our alliance has countermanded six Decepticon incursions this year, each on a different continent. They're clearly searching around the world for something. But last night's encounter came with a warning." Hornet plays the Demolishor recording, "The Fallen shall rise again."

General Morshower frowns, "The Fallen. Meaning what?"

Optimus Prime shakes his head, "Origin unknown. The only recorded history of our race was contained within the Allspark and lost with its destruction."

Galloway interrupts Optimus, climbing up the ramp, "Excuse me! With this so-called Allspark now destroyed, why hasn't the enemy left the planet like you thought they would?"

Lennox faces the screen, "Director Galloway, our National Security Advisor. The President just appointed him liaison. Which, to a--" He trails off, rolling his eyes as Morshower speaks.

"Well, I guess I didn't get that memo."

Galloway makes his way towards the rail, and Lennox, "Forgive the interruption, General. Excuse me. Coming through. Excuse me. Excuse me, soldier. Um." He stops and faces Optimus and Hornet, "After all the damage in Shanghai, the President is, um, hard-pressed to say the job's getting done. Now, under the classified Alien-Autobot Cooperation Act, you agreed to share your intel with us, but not your advancements in weaponry."

Optimus glances at Hornet as she answers the human, "We've witnessed your human capacity for war. It would absolutely bring more harm than good."

Galloway points his finger at her, "But who are you to judge what's best for us?" Lennox steps up next to Galloway, "With all due respect, we've been fighting side by side in the field for two years."

Epps yells from below, "We've shed blood, sweat, and precious metal together." Galloway looks down at Epps, "Soldier, you're paid to shoot, not talk."

Epps crosses his arms, "Don't tempt me." Galloway did not hear as he continued talking, "And the, ah, newest members of your team-"

Optimus Prime gestures to Epps quietly, "Easy."

Galloway glares at Optimus, "I understand they arrived here after you sent a message into space, an open invitation to come to Earth, vetted by no one at the White House."

Morshower speaks up, making Galloway walk up to the screen, "Let me stop you right there, Mister Galloway. It was vetted right here. And in my experience, the judgment of both Major Lennox and his team has always been above reproach."

"Well, be that as it may, General, it is the position of the President that when our national security is at stake... No one is above reproach. Now, what do we know so far? We know that the enemy leader, classified NBE-One- a.k.a. Megatron, is rusting in peace at the bottom of the Laurentian Abyss, surrounded by SOSUS detection nets and a full-time submarine surveillance. We also know that the only remaining piece of your alien Allspark is locked in an electromagnetic vault here on one of the most secure naval bases in the world."

Hornet crosses her arms and glares at the human as he continues to speak, "And since no one can seem to tell me what the enemy is now after. Well, there's only one clear conclusion! You! The Autobots! They're here to hunt you! What's there to hunt for on Earth besides that? The Fallen shall rise again? It sounds to me like something's coming. So. Let me ask: if we ultimately conclude that our national security is best served by denying you further asylum on our planet, will you leave? Peacefully?"

"Freedom is your right. If you make that request, we will honor it." Optimus spoke. Hornet leans forward, "But... before your President decides, please ask him this: What if we leave... and you're wrong?" Galloway closed his mouth, unsure of how to answer.

Lennox leans over the rail as Galloway walks away, "That's a good question." Optimus nods his head and glances at the Hybrid, "Well said, Melly Hornet."