The World's Debts Part One

Ch. 5

'The world's debts Part one'

[August 11, 2012]

"NO!" Blake's voice echoed with authority, the slightest tinge of fear snuck into his desperate shout.

"But Blake, I need you," Summer said with tears flooding, her breath becoming shaky.

"I know, I need you too," Blake admitted in a somber tone, looking behind him as an undead launched itself at him.

Blake caught it in mid-flight and slammed it on the floor, stomping his booted foot into its skull.

“Take care of Genevieve, no matter what!” Blake shouted to sibling above. The zombies began to staggeringly jog toward him.

Summer could be heard crying as the zombies closed in, closer and closer, taking more of his precious last seconds with the family he loved.

"Never give up! Promise me, Summer! Give me that much!" Blake yelled as the dead closed in on him.

"I- I promise, I'll do it!" Summer wailed out as her brother was getting ready to be ripped from her life.

"Now run!" Came the echoing last words of her brother, before he disappeared out of sight.

With the zombies closing in, Blake didn't know what to do, looking around he saw a one-way mirror.

Taking a chance, Blake made a sprint for the potential exit and dove through it, feeling a searing pain from the rib injury he had sustained on an earlier jump, leaving him laying on the floor momentarily.

Rolling over onto his back, as a couple of dozen walkers were making their way into the new room, Blake got up and slammed the door in front of him.

*Black Betty bam-a-lam, whoa!*

"Gotta find a way out, gotta find it real fast!" Blake said to himself as he looked for a different exit, quickly locating one and quickly rolled over the counter and into an auditorium.

*Black Betty had a child, bam-a-lam, damn thing gone wild!*

A few zombies made their way towards the injured man, strafing away from the counter, Blake footsteps stuttered as he found himself surrounded, no hope of escape, the exit’s double doors loomed on the other side of the dead.

*Bam-a-lam, she's always ready!*

The now smaller group above, ran for the RV they had procured with the owner Corrine, leading the way while Summer lagged behind, dragging a crying, young Genevieve across the rooftop.

*Bam-a-lam, she's so rock steady, bam-a-lam!*

The commotion above rumbled the chandelier free, falling onto the walkers and freeing up Blake to make a run for it.

*Whoa! Black Betty, bam-a-lam!*

Shoulder charging the doors, Blake found himself in a hallway with what looked to be teenagers that had died in the school and had come back as zombies.

*Whoa! Black Betty, Bam-a-lam!*

Blake made a sprint down the hall and nearly ran into a small horde of the corpses but dodged into a classroom, and he immediately slammed the door behind him, which was promptly broken open, sending the young man staggering away from the door before he regained his balance and ran off again.

*Black Betty, bam-a-lam!*

While Blake broke away from the pack easily, the young man didn't have much room for escape.