Confronting the Past

Amity Blight woke up the day after the attack on Hexside sore, but that wasn't unusual. Once again Odalia, her mother, had deemed her performance 'unblight-like', and had decided that getting out shined by some no-name witch had been utterly unacceptable. Thankfully her father, Alador, had made a surprise appearance from out of his dungeon lab to request more components for his newest invention, and Odalia got distracted long enough for Amity to hide. Part of her wished he would have come sooner, but Amity sighed to herself, "Two hours of punishment wasn't so bad given what she could have received."

Amity made her way to her bathroom to get ready for school, but she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror, and she couldn't help letting out a few tears that started out tinged red, but soon that washed out. Despite the mask she wore, Amity hated what she saw. Dyed green hair like her 'mother' with brown roots that hide just like her coward of a father. Not attractive like her sister, or charming like her brother, and now she once again had black and purple bruises along her sides. Everything Amity saw only reminded her that she was weak... useless... undesirable. Just like her mother always told her. Forever doomed to live in her gilded cage where no one will ever want her. Could anyone ever want her... Could Luz? Amity pushed away those thoughts, and focused on getting ready. She would need her concealment stone again, and she wondered, "Why?"

The day after the attack on Hexside proved interesting. Willow and Gus got to meet Hooty since nobody had bothered to exchange contact information. A problem quickly rectified when Willow showed Luz her present. "Skara had to go visit her parent today at the Bard coven, but she told me to make sure you got this. It's a scroll so we can stay in contact. Apparently Amity chipped in with her to get it as an apology for the other day, and..." Willow teared up as she gave Luz a big hug that may have caused some bones to pop. "Today was my first day in the plant track, and it's just so amazing. I'm good at it, and after I talked to my dads last night they completely understood. Thank you Luz. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. If you didn't give me the courage to stand up I might never have found my place."

Luz just hugged the girl back, "You don't need to thank me, Willow. All I did was give you a push. You did all the hard work. You're my first friend that wasn't my siblings, so I was kinda winging it." Luz laughed, and tried to hide it, but Willow didn't miss the sadness in her eyes.

Looking at Luz hard, Willow asked, "You mean your first since you came to the Isles right?"

Luz looked away awkwardly before she decided to be honest, "No Willow. My first ever. I was too weird for the human realm, and nobody liked me, except Mami, but does that really count? What kind of parent doesn't love their daughter? Like really, would they even be a parent at that point?" When Luz saw the awkward looks around the room she thought that everyone was pitying her so she added, "It's not a big deal though. Sure I got bullied, but that's normal, and that just means I'll get to do all the cool things friends do with all of you. Maybe once I get the 'clubhouse' finished we can have a sleepover."

"What's the Clubhouse?" asked Gus.

"Well my dear Gus, the clubhouse was a cool idea I got after hearing about Mom's 'coven problem'. The idea is to make a secret door in my tower that will lead to a secret base of sorts. Just in case we need somewhere to hide. I would never question the capabilities of my best boy, Hooty, but even he might not be enough if the Emperor decides to visit in person. Mom says she helped make one before, but she won't tell me where. Also, as much as I enjoy bunking with Vee, she deserves to have her own bed and space. She was denied those things for long enough, and my little sis deserves to be loved and pampered like the sweetheart she is." Luz pulled Vee into a warm hug that left Vee feeling embarrassed, but appreciative of her sister's dedication to her wellbeing.

"Sorry, my little owlet. Half the fun of something like that is finding it, and once you do you'll understand why," laughed Eda.

Willow looked around sheepishly, "Speaking of covens, this weekend is the Covention so..."