13. Lean On Me

My exams came over my head and thrashed me from left to right. I apologize for delay.
_____________________________________________________

How could Seungmin ever describe love? Even he ponders over it.

He'll sum it up in one word- Hyunjin. Hyunjin is slowly becoming the whole world for him. Seungmin stirs the soup in the pot, adding the spring onions, he chides himself inwardly.

What am I thinking? Cringe. The book has definitely affected him.

Suddenly, he felt his hips being pushed against the platform as a heavy body slumped over him. Warm breath tickles his nape and Seungmin shudders.

"What's wrong?"

Hyunjin places his cheek on Seungmin's shoulders and mumbles. "I don't feel well. What are you making?"

Seungmin tries to turn but Hyunjin keeps him at the same position, hands slowly coming up to wrap his waist. "What do you mean you don't feel well? Fever?" Seungmin keeps a palm over his cheek. Not a fever.

"Feeling a little queasy. Don't want to eat too much." "Okay, then drink the soup and go to sleep. You've been sleeping less nowadays, maybe that is taking a toll on your body." Hyunjin nodded and tried to snuggle deeper into Seungmin's collarbone, but failed to as Seungmin wiggled out of his hold.

Seungmin serves the warm bowl to Hyunjin, himself having it with noodles and banchan. Hyunjin closed his eyes in crescents as he gulped down the hearty soup.

Seungmin loves it. When Hyunjin loves and appreciates whatever he does for him.

Of course, compliment and appreciation are something everyone would bask in. But these coming from your loved ones makes you warm from inside. Seungmin doesn't even need to have the soup to feel that warmth.

Hyunjin finished his soup with a smack, "Delicious. Thank you, Seungmin-ah." Seungmin smiled and chomped on the kimchi.

The two chatted on their day, discussing the coming winter, what all they can do, planning for Christmas, because who wouldn't do that after October ends?

"Feeling a little better?" Seungmin asked, tucking himself in the comforter. Hyunjin nodded tiredly.
"Good night, Seungmin."
"Mn."

Seungmin was startled awake when the door banged open loudly. He quickly sat up to look at the source of the sound, the warmth of the other person missing from the bed. The bathroom light was flashing directly into the dark room and a sound of a person gagging resonated. Seungmin jumped out of the bed and rushed towards the washroom.

Hyunjin was leaning over the toilet bowl, throwing up the dinner he had. Seungmin quickly came beside him and rubbed his back soothingly. Hyunjin panted heavily and started crying, "It hurts so much, I threw up. I-" he leaned in again. Seungmin quickly removed his hair out of the way, "Take it all out. You'll feel better. It's fine, nothing will happen."

After Hyunjin was done, Seungmin supported him and took him to the basin to wash his face. He made Hyunjin face himself and wiped the stray tears on his puffy eyes.

"Feeling a little better?" Hyunjin nodded and leaned on Seungmin. And he was burning up.

Seungmin made Hyunjin sit on the bed and gave him paracetamol, and quickly made his way to get a wet towel. He wiped Hyunjin's stomach first in the attempts of cooling it down and then wiped his forehead and neck.