XI

Otacon spent about two hours just discussing with Alina. It was quite unlikely of him to be out for so long —given that he was on a walk with Miku—, so David couldn't help but wonder what he was up to. He had already gotten rid of the mountains of fur and had even organized everything in the house. He was kind of bored.
He was about to put on some old music tapes when he received an SMS from Hal saying: "PLS BUY BEESWAX. MEDIUM SIZED BOX.", so although he couldn't even gasp what the purpose of it was, he was more than willing to follow his petition.
David picked up a small backpack along with his box of cigarettes, put his coat on and went to the nearest town. He spent the whole walk observing the color changes of the sky as time passed by, almost distracted enough to even inhale and exhale his cigarette's smoke. He arrived at a small business just walking 5 minutes in the village, with several bee and flower-shaped ornaments. He asked for a medium sized box, just as he had been requested. They only had the bigger ones left, so he paid for one of those not even questioning how big they could be - it had the same size as a pack of 6 bricks of milk.

—You sure you wouldn't rather wait a bit until we get the smaller sizes again...? —the cashier asked, not used to regular people buying those.

—Totally —he replied, already preparing another cigarette to smoke—. Just charge me whatever it is and I'll be going.

The woman stared at him for 2 seconds, during which she could clearly see it would be useless to convince him otherwise. Whatever it was he wanted to do with it, it would take long enough. She'd be getting paid anyway. She gave him the ticket and Snake left with the wooden box under his arm.

____

Hal was heading home with Miku when his phone rang momentaneously - it was an SMS in which it said: "BOUGHT". It cheered him up, like it would a child, to know his new plan was already running.
Not that long ago, still at the bar, Alina and him clicked on different websites on her old office computer. They got along well enough for him to come up with something that might call David's attention.

Otacon got home first, not wasting any time and sitting in front of his desk as quickly as possible to further investigate what he wanted. It took about half an hour for him to hear the dogs bark at the arrival of their owner, but in that time he did enough research about candle-making to be able to create cigarette-shaped ones. A bit wonky —he was completely sure of that—, but neat enough that Snake would know he did his best in the shortest time possible.

—Welcome home, Sn-... —his eyes got caught by the wooden box—. THAT's a medium...?

—Nah, it's one of the big ones. They didn't have anything else. Won't run out of it anytime soon.

—Yeah, I can imagine...

—Have fun doing soap. Or whatever else you wanna do. Don't let these dorks eat it. I'm sure they'll try.

—Great! —he replied with a fake, worrying smile—. They'll tackle me!

Snake clicked his tongue, sighed and was about to let go of the box on Otacon's hands before he realized it would probably be too heavy for him. He put it on the closest furniture at hand, pushed Otacon towards him and momentaneously kissed him. He then grabbed the box again, held it over his head and warned his dogs not to fool around near it nor bother Hal when they see him with it.

—W... Wh...

—That's my payment for the extra task.

—Oh...

—I'll put it in your room, OK?

—Thank you, Snake...