10 | Someone To Lean On

Aizawa sat at his desk, sipping on his coffee as he awaited for a certain blonde to turn up to his office. Last night, he had asked the blonde to meet him in his office. Some time after, he visited his problem child and asked for his permission to share the details of his kidnapping. Izuku agreed, liking the idea of possibly having someone to lean on when things got bad.

And so, Shota awaited the arrival of his student as he prepared to tell him the truth of what had taken place these last couple days.

As if on cue, a knock sounded at the door.

"Come in."

Bakugou walked in, wearing his signature skull-designed shirt. He stood in front of the door awkwardly, hands in his pockets as he avoided eye-contact.

"Sit. I have some.. things I need to discuss with you." He told the blonde.

He sat across the ravenette, eyes averting to the floor as he listened patiently.

"Now, I'm guessing you, like the others, don't remember much about the last couple days?" he asked.

He nodded. "Is this.. about that?"

Shota nodded, picking up his coffee cup as he talked. "Are you aware of anything that happened to Midoriya over those days?"

He shook his head, lifting his head to meet his teacher's gaze. "Did.. did anything bad happen to Deku?"

"I'm afraid so. Which is why I need your help specifically." He specified, putting his mug down. "Before I tell you what took place, you must promise not to tell anyone else you know unless you have Midoriya's permission to do so."

"I promise.." he agreed, realizing that something bad must've happened.

"Alright." He took a deep breath. "Midoriya was kidnapped by a student, who's name will remain anonymous, the night the memory-type quirk took effect on the school. He was missing for nearly three days. Fortunately, me and another staff member were able to reverse the quirk's effects on two other staff members who were then involved in the rescue mission later that night."

Izuku had been kidnapped.. like me?

Shota continued. "We managed to rescue Midoriya that night. But, he now suffers both mentally and physically. He was found in rope restraints, so he now has permanent reminders of the kidnapping. He also seems to be more sensitive and anxious, as well as showing signs of athazagoraphobia."

"Athaza-what?" He asked confusedly.

"Athazagoraphobia, the fear of being forgotten." he explained. "Since everyone had forgotten him, he now shows signs of fearing that same outcome some time in the future."

"So, what did you want me to help with?" he questioned.

He sighed. "You and Midoriya have both been in similar situations. I'm hoping you can help him recover from this. Currently, I've been helping him as much as possible, but I think someone who has been in the same situation could help him more."

Katsuki nodded, oddly quiet compared to his normal explosive behaviour. "Okay, fine. I'll help."

He's my childhood friend after all.

Izuku sat in the corner of his bed. Sleep hadn't paid him a visit tonight. Or, was it that he was too afraid to sleep after all the nightmares he'd endured? He wasn't sure. All he knew was that he wanted to avoid sleep at all cost.

Knock, knock.

Who was awake at this time?

"Nerd, it's me. Can I come in?"

Kacchan?

"Um.. yeah.." he agreed.

The door opened, revealing Bakugou, his former childhood friend. His hair was messier, his eyes full of sorrow as he looked at the boy. He walked over to Izuku, quickly sitting himself on the edge of the bed.

"Uh, Kacchan. Why are you here? I thought you'd be asleep." He wrapped his arms around his knees.

"Because.. Mr Aizawa told me what happened." he admitted.

"Oh.."

He turned around. "Just.. are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah! I'm fine." He lied, eyes averting to the floor.

Bakugou turned himself fully around, sitting opposite the anxious greenette. "Don't lie to me. I know what it's like."

"I-I know, but I'm fine."

"No, you're not." He called him out on his bluff. "I know what it's like to have the reoccurring nightmares, the flashbacks, the constant paranoia."

Izuku looked up, seeing nothing but understanding on the blonde's face. "R-Really..?"

He nodded. "I know you're still hurting, nerd."

Izuku didn't know what to say. Aizawa had warned him yesterday that he was going to reveal his kidnapping to Katsuki, but he didn't expect him to actually care. He thought, after their history, he would pretend it never happened or mock him for getting kidnapped.

But this just proved him wrong. It proved he still cared like he did when they were younger. When he would play heroes with Izuku or help him after he fell over and got hurt. He still cared and it warmed Izuku's heart.

"I-it's hard.." he finally said, holding back his tears, "i-it's so hard.."

"I know. That's why I want to help you, Izuku."

Izuku's eyes widened. He had never called him by his name before. Not since they were kids.

"I know how hard it is. But, I know you can get through it. Just, let me in, okay?" Katsuki smiled at him softly.

Izuku nodded, small tears escaping in the process. "I-it was.. horrible.." he told him, voice shaky as he spoke.

Katsuki moved closer. Before the greenette knew it, he was brought into a hug. It was warm, nice, it felt safe. He returned the hug, crying on the blonde's shoulder uncontrollably.

Bakugou rubbed circles on his back. "It's alright, nerd. I'll be here to help you now, okay?"

Izuku nodded slowly, tightening his grip on the blonde's shirt. Katsuki could feel his shoulder dampen as the greenette continued to mumble incoherent details about how the kidnapping made him feel.

I promise to help you as much as I can, Izuku.

That night, Izuku and Katsuki fell asleep in Midoriya's dorm. Izuku still held on tight to the blonde's shirt as he slept, the blonde in question sleeping against the wall with the other sleeping against his side, head against his chest.

After this day, they would slowly heal together.