Scenario 79

This scenario, which I originally created and posted on my Tumblr page, is a fictional TV toilet scene imagined from a popular TV show in the early 1970s.

One afternoon, a man name Archie is going to his favorite room with his newspaper in his hand for his daily constitution.  He opens the bathroom door and he is shocked at what he sees, his son-in-law Mike is sitting on the throne with his trousers down to his ankles taking a selfie with his cellphone. Both Archie and Mike are both stunned, Mike getting caught in the act. Archie closes the door reprimanding, "HURRY UP IN THAT BATHROOM, MIKE! WE HAVE ONE BATHROOM IN THIS HOUSE AND YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE!"  Archie's daughter, Gloria and her hubby, Mike are living temporarily with him and his wife, Edith, until they get their own place. Archie and Mike barely get along.

Archie goes complaining to Gloria with Edith listening "I just opened the bathroom door to that hubby of yours sitting on the can, taking snapshot of himself with his phone!" Edith comments, "Oh my!" Giggling, with Archie adding, "What is this world coming to..."? Gloria tells him, "I do it and besides, it was me who convinced and dared Mark into taking selfies, posting online." Archie shockingly says "WHAT!!" Gloria adds, "I'm not ashamed or embarrassed." Gloria leaves the room smiling and Archie is looking at Edith and Edith tells him, "I don't take pictures of myself using the bathroom.  As a matter of fact, I don't take my phone or anything, not even something to read when I have to use the bathroom." Archie says, "I better have a talk with those two about bathroom etiquette." Archie leaves the kitchen to go to use the bathroom.

g