Midnight Butterflies

*It's the middle of the night and Edric couldn't sleep so he decided to walk around in the woods; a little ways from his home. But after a while he hears crying and finds Hunter. Crying?*

Edric: *'What happened?'He thought, as he came closer to Hunter then he spoke up.* Rough night too, huh?

Hunter: *He jumped and gasped.* W-what are you doing here?..

Edric: I was just doing a late night stroll is all. But you're Hunter right? *He looks at him curiously.*

Hunter: Y-Yeah. *He wipes his eyes with his sleeve.*

Edric: Well, can I ask you something?

Hunter: U-Uhm.. sure.

Edric: Well.. can I know why you were crying, Hunter?

Hunter: Oh.. I... I don't want to talk about it.. *He looks away.*

Edric: Ah, alright. That's okay I don't mind that you don't want me to know. *He said reassuringly.*

Hunter: Thanks... Well uhmm.. w-what are you doing out here besides taking a stroll?

Edric: I guess I could tell you.. I am just not getting good nights sleep recently. *He said in a calm tone, almost calm.*

Hunter: Oh.. is it cause of nightmares?..

Edric: Some of it is, yeah. Ever since the Titan coming from the ground as well as everything else, I can't really sleep well. Even sometimes I can't sleep at all, but I will get over it eventually.

Hunter: Huh... well I can say that I have had many nightmares... I did some bad things especially to some of my friends and I keep having nightmares of the same things over and over.

Edric: Ohh... Hm. I heard that if you dream about something to much, it's your self-conscious trying to tell you to learn something from it. Maybe that's why?

Hunter: Maybe...

Edric: Well, how have you been since everything started getting back to normal?

Hunter: Alright.

Edric: That's good. I've been alright as well. Anyway, you live with Luz right?

Hunter: Yeah, I do. Why?

Edric: Hows she?

Hunter: She's doing just fine, she's just resting.

Edric: Good to know and understandable.

Hunter: Yeah...

Edric: Well, is it okay if I get to know you better Hunter? I would like to know your past a bit. If that's alright.

Hunter: *He was hesitant but he spoke softly, almost calmly.* Sure.

Edric: Great!

Hunter: *He tells him his story but leaving out traumatizing experiences.*

Edric: *He done the same as Hunter.*