𝐀𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

♫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞♫

𝐌𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐡, 𝐆𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗

It has been three long months since I finally managed to escape the suffocating trap of my parents' control. Thankfully, the money I've been sending to my sister has gone unnoticed by them. It's not surprising, really. They never pay attention to anything that happens under their own roof. But that's beside the point. These past few months of freedom have been nothing short of exhilarating.

Even though I don't have much free time due to work and school, the moments I do have to myself are precious. They bring me a sense of peace and tranquility, allowing me to enjoy the simple pleasures of life without the constant worry of facing consequences when I return home. However, a part of me can't help but feel guilty for enjoying this freedom. I question whether I should have stayed and kept up with my parents shit until my siblings were older. But another part of me knows deep down that I am doing the right thing.

I was fortunate enough to receive an academic scholarship that granted me admission to one of the most prestigious universities in Germany. This opportunity will provide me with the best education, better job prospects, and a chance at a better life for my family. I keep reminding myself that all the sacrifices I am making will be worth it in the end.

---

The dimly lit aisles of the store seemed even more desolate as I made my way towards the back locker room. It was late at night, and the exhaustion from a long and grueling shift weighed heavily on my shoulders. The flickering fluorescent lights cast eerie shadows on the worn-out linoleum floor, and the faint smell of stale coffee and cleaning products lingered in the air.

With a sigh of relief, I reached my locker and retrieved my worn- out bag and tattered coat. I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the cracked mirror, my tired eyes reflecting the weariness that had settled deep within me. But despite the fatigue, a small smile tugged at the corners of my lips. I was finally going home.

Stepping out of the locker room, the cold winter air greeted me, sending a shiver down my spine. The parking lot stretched out before me, empty and desolate, the only sound being the distant hum of traffic in the distance. The streetlights cast a dim glow as I hurried towards my car, the sound of my footsteps echoing in the empty parking lot. The car's engine roared to life, and I cranked up the heat, relishing in the warmth that enveloped me.

The drive home was a blur, my mind consumed with thoughts of the day's events and the weight of my responsibilities. The rhythmic sound of the windshield wipers provided a soothing backdrop to my racing thoughts.
I didn't even bother to check my speed, my sole focus being on reaching the sanctuary of my small, aging apartment complex.

As I pulled into the parking lot, the faded paint and flickering lights of the building greeted me. It had seen better days, but it was my refuge nonetheless. I fumbled with the jammed lock on the front door, frustration building within me. "Lina! Open the door!" I called out banging on the door, hoping my roommate would hear me.

The door swung open, and Lina stood before me, her arms outstretched in a welcoming embrace. Her large, kinky hair enveloped my face, and the sweet scent of her shea butter and cocoa-infused hair products filled my nostrils. Lina is a student at my university we got pretty close when we realized we had the same classes and lived in the same complex so, we had decided to share an apartment to make life a little easier. She had become more than just a roommate; she was a pillar of support and kindness in my life. She even went out of her way to send money to my siblings and help me with cleaning my depression room when I'm a wreck and too busy, she's there when I need someone to vent to, truly she's a good person.