-17-

Today was the day that Bob was leaving. I sat at couch nervously as he made sure he had everything that he would need with him. I messed with my fingers to distract myself from the thought of being here alone.

"Don't worry darlin, It's gonna be fine. It's only gonna be a few days..." his sudden voice made me jump. Turning to him, he seemed slightly nervous himself. He tried giving me a reassuring smile, but I still saw a smidge of worry in it, making my stomach turn.

"But what happens if you get caught?" My slight outburst seemed to surprise Bob, letting his smile to drop.

"I won't, just trust me sweetheart..." he engulfed me into a warm hug, my face buried in his chest. I slowly hugged back. "But remember, If I don't come back in three weeks, please get somewhere safe ok?" He pulled away, saying in a serious tone. I sadly nodded, not fully thinking of what he meant.

" I will. Just... be safe ok Bob?" My voiced cracked slightly. He smiled, making me feel slightly reassured.

"Of course I will Y/n." I watched him grab a stuffed backpack and open the front door. He turned towards me and seemed to hesitate for a moment. He opened his mouth, and the words that left his tongue so simply caught me by surprise.

"I love you Y/n"

And with the noise of the door slamming shut, he was gone.

*Bob's POV*

closing the door behind me, I let out a sigh as I look at the sky. Full of grey clouds. It was gonna rain soon, so it would be best if I hurry. I stepped off the porch before walking into the forest.

I pulled out an old map the was crumbled in my pocket, trying to smooth it out. Looking over the circled places I marked last night, I jammed the map back into my pocket. I would have to travel at least to 10 small towns just to get the police away... great. The nice part was that they were relatively close by.

Passing the birds and deers, I started to hear muffled talking. I began walking faster, but trying to cover the noise of crunching leaves from under me. Soon enough, I ended up at the house where I killed the man only a few days ago. A police officer was talking to another person, most likely a family member or a random person nearby. I slowly walked back into the forest, making sure the two people wouldn't see me. Ironically, this was the first town that I marked, the only bad part was that I would have to travel to almost the other side of the town to get police away.

I started walking once more, being more stealthy when someone was nearby. Only 30 minutes passed and I finally found a house far away from others near the other end of the town. Quickly looking into the house, there was a person peacefully eating with a dog sitting beside them. I groaned seeing the dog, they would surely make this harder.

I walked to another window, possibly the person's bedroom, and tried opening it. Locked. I groaned once more and looked at the ground, a large rock gaining my internet. Picking it up and throwing it at the window, the dog started barking loudly. The rushed footsteps boomed through the hallway.

Running to the dining room window, I saw the person and the dog was no longer there. Grinning, i did the same with this window, only this time, quickly climbing into the room. The dog returned, and from the sight of me it started barking, baring its teeth. I started to step near the dog, pulling out the knife from my belt.

"HEY! GET AWAY FROM MY DOG!" A male voice screamed from the hall. Turning to the voice, I saw a person that I wouldn't expect to see here.

"So, we meet again, Dan. Didn't expect to see you here." I chuckled, seemingly pissing the man off.

"Your sick and sadistic ass should be in jail. And I know you have to do something with Y/n disappearing!" Dan barked.

"Hmm, well since this is your last moments, yes I did take the Darlin'. It was to keep her safe in this world. And I will do anything to keep her safe." I stepped forward, making him try to run away. Before he could get away, I grabbed his arm, making the man yelp.

"Y-You can't get away with this!" Dan tried to pry his hand out of my grip, but to no avail, it didn't work.

"And how are you so sure Dan?" I placed the knife on his neck, slightly drawing blood. His eyes widened. He stayed quiet though, not sure how to answer.

"J-just why are you doing this?!" Dan whimpered.

"Like I said before, I would do anything to protect my darlin' and that includes killing anyone who gets in her way of a peaceful life." I brought up the knife over my head, bringing it down onto his arm. Dan yelled in pain, staring at the now limp hand that laid on the ground.

"Welp, enough talkin', why not finish the job?" In one swing, Dan's head was beside the arm, also with his body that sprayed blood everywhere. The sound of sirens came into my ears. Quickly climbing out of the now bloodied house, I once again ran into the forest, far away from the police cars and house.

Once I was far enough, I pulled out the crumbled map out of my pocket.

one town down, nine more to go.