02

"Enjoy ka Kier, ha! Love you!"

I got off of the car and wore my backpack. "Love you too, Mom." I waved my hand at her before closing the door. My Mom dropped me off sa gazebo this time, hindi na sa harapan nung school. It's such a hassle kasi na lumakad from there to our classroom!

The weather was amazing. It wasn't that sunny, it wasn't that cloudy, and it wasn't that rainy too. Gosh, gusto ko tuloy mag badminton or something!

"Kier!" I glanced at the gazebo when I heard someone call my name. Nakita ko si Gyro, dali-daling umalis ng gazebo and was running towards me.

When he was getting closer to me, I turned my body to face him and I crossed my arms. "Why are you here?"

"Hinihintay kita," he uttered while he was gasping for air. I looked at him weird as my face was heating up. Inirapan ko siya and tinalikuran ko pa. 

What did he mean by that?

I wasn't used to people doing or saying good things to me kasi. Sa North High, it was living-hell! I was used to people being plastic. Everything that they said and did to me that I found nice weren't real!

Before class started, we were called for an orientation for all the senior high students. We were all gathered sa auditorium. It was so boring. I literally slept sa seat ko. It was just our principle greeting us a good morning tapos his boring speech. Then he said something about 'this day marks the start of a new chapter and-' bla bla bla.

When class started, we finally had lessons! Gosh! Hindi na ako ma-bo-bored! I excitedly pulled out my binder notebook and ballpen to jut down some notes.

Well, shit, boring pa'din pala!

I didn't bother to take down notes anymore. Napaka un-interesting nung lesson! I just laid on the wall beside me and pretended I was writing something, when in reality, I was just doodling.

While I was slouching and daydreaming on my chair, Gyro naman was so focused. He was actually taking notes and had proper posture! He was reciting too. Gosh, nakakahiya naman! 

I took a peek of his notebook and it was so full of writings! May mga personal notes pa siya about the lesson and color-coded pa 'yung pag ha-higlight niya! 

After the first period, our break was two-hours long. Gosh, ano gagawin ko sa two-hours break?! It's too long!

While I was putting my notebook back sa bag ko, I felt Gyro tapping my shoulder. "What?" Nakakunot ang noo ko when I asked him.

He was texting on his phone with one hand. Hindi niya pa ako binibigyan pansin kaya I stepped on his foot so he would look at me. "Aray!" He exclaimed before he set his phone aside.

"Why were you calling me?" I asked again with my arms crossed like nothing happened.